RedEmber Boards Club

It has a pretty good amount of drop. I tried to mount one dropped with SR RkP trucks and it was too low for pretty much any battery clearance. Top mount? Perfecto!!!

3 Likes

Bingo Bango Mr Dingly!! Thank you. It is settled @treenutter topmount it is.

5 Likes

It’s happening!

9 Likes

@akhlut Which deck is that?

1 Like

That is the Bludgeon…very frikkin nice.

3 Likes

That is SOOOO clean looking! Really nice looking grain on those face plys too. And that is without finish. Pretty dope.

3 Likes

just took delivery of a caldera. @treenutter mentioned he was experimenting with a new finish, it’s a dark blue, black when you look at it in certain angles.

utterly beautiful. excellent craftsmanship.

only problem is, it’s so pretty i don’t want to do stuff to it.

but…it’s going to make an excellent platform.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/4890

5 Likes

Its looks so tasty I want to lick it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :flushed:

@treenutter how do you make that finishing?

3 Likes

@thisguyhere thanks man I’m glad you’re enjoying it! I’m looking forward to seeing the full build!

@lrdesigns the coloring is done by hand with dyes and stains. The finish comes from a lot of practice with a hvlp spraying system. I’d say that time and care, along with using the best materials, yields the unique look.

4 Likes

I love what you do @treenutter but no idea of cost of membership?

1 Like

I guess I’ll have to take a deep breath and DM you when I feel up to it…would love a deck with a bog oak top layer, I guess I’ll have to supply that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

DM on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/redemberboards/?hl=en

2 Likes

3 Likes

I can maybe do $100k if pushed

3 Likes

any suggestions on what can i do to preserve as much of the finish?

that’s to say, if i just put grip tape on this deck, the nice finish is going to be covered up.

maybe clear grip? or…grip it partially?

1 Like

Maybe some lucid grip? I’ve the same predicament with a custom deck

so bought some 12" polytunnel clear tape, plan is to lay it, spray it with adhesive spray and throw on clear tread-tex, then hit the top with PU spray

with this method…and forgive me but I have not tried it yet, but with care and a hairdryer, the polytunnel tape has a chance to lift without removing the stain

1 Like

What I do on my custom boards and several other custom builders use is a glass grit and put spar urethane over it it comes out looking really clear

2 Likes

“By the pricking of my thumbs. Something w1ck3d this way comes”!!! By that I mean a dm on instagram :joy: :sunglasses:

10 plies of w1ck3d

6 Likes

Thx @banjaxxed ! I try to keep pricing aligned with major brands that produce similar quality. I can do bog oak if interested…

2 Likes

@thisguyhere many customers partially grip… leaving the tails and the middle without. Lucid’s another good choice.

I like @briman05 's idea as well - I’d suggest using a water-based spar, even though it should be OK to put an oil-based finished on top of a water-based coating (if it’s completely dry…in theory)

2 Likes