Red light on VESC blinking (Did I break my electronics?)

I have a VESC from diyelectricskateboards.com but I’m not why it won’t work.

So I tried hooking up my VESC to a battery and an SK3 motor. For some reason, it just keeps flashing red. The first time I did it, I was able to control the motor with my keys but after holding on to the keys for a while, it stopped working. Did I permanently break it?

I tried changing the battery cutoff and start to suggested values on other forums but I can’t even seem to “upload” the data onto the VESC.

When I read the configuration, this is what pops up.

37%20PM

Type “faults” into the terminal and paste what you see here

1 Like

Did you do the motor detection before you started pressing the keys to run the motor?

1 Like

Yes! I did motor detection and then it started working then after pressing keys for a while to run the motor, suddenly it stopped working. I think I tried clicking apply and write configuration.

I found it.

The following faults were registered since start:

Fault : FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 Current : -0.2 Current filtered : 0.3 Voltage : 46.92 Duty : 0.01 RPM : 0.9 Tacho : 7 Cycles running : 3 TIM duty : 618 TIM val samp : 314 TIM current samp : 24500 TIM top : 48373 Comm step : 1 Temperature : 25.37

Fault : FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 Current : -0.2 Current filtered : -0.1 Voltage : 46.92 Duty : 0.02 RPM : 1.4 Tacho : 8 Cycles running : 4 TIM duty : 991 TIM val samp : 523 TIM current samp : 22415 TIM top : 43784 Comm step : 2 Temperature : 25.44

IMG_3024

Here is a photo of my setup. It’s a 12S2P battery. Would love to get advice for the parameters I should be putting in when I am able to do so though.

Oh no! Does that mean I need to buy a new VESC? How did I toast it? My bad. Would you all have tips on what parameters I should put on before I try running my VESC next time?

I’m assuming you’re a US based person, so I’ll point you towards @JohnnyMeduse ( the OG wizard) and @ThermalM16 (another option in the states)

These guys both do vesc repair, and will get you up and running for less than a new ESC :+1:(if it’s repairable)

1 Like

Thanks! I reached out to both of them.

1 Like