Recommendations and general help

Any recommendations on a 18650 pack?

I would be willing to spend up to 300 on the right battery. It will take time but I could swing it

I saved up and got a pack made by @psychotiller But the deck is designed for flat packs

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen his packs. They’re expensive. But so are all batteries really I guess.

1 Like

Go for @Boardnamics mounts. They are Rock solid and you can get the with idler bearings. Oh and they are af

4 Likes

I’ll give them a look thanks! What’s the Benefit of idler pulleys? More teeth in mesh?

That would save me huge on build cost. Thanks!

Will they fit TB caliber clones?

Yes they will fit tb trucks.

2 Likes

So if I take say x2 5s 5000mah lipos and put them in series. That wouldn’t increase the mah correct? It would increase voltage I believe?

1 Like

It would increase voltage but not capacity. For series connections you add the voltage’s and the capacity reamins the same. For parallel connections you add the capacity and the voltage’s stay the same. @Jgarrison34

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. Right now I’m trying to figure out how to wire up a 10s2p pack using 5s lipos. It’s confusing lol

1 Like

id go with 5x 2s lipos and with a c rating of atleast 60c. look at what @Namasaki did for his build. its actully what im building right now myself.

i actually just finished up wiring my pack. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8570?u=indiangummy

Okay that looks doable. The whole BMS for charging thing looks intimidating lol. Are you gonna do that or balance charge?

bms charge. i felt the same when i was in your position. use the search function and you should be able to find a lot of info. i know its intimidating but you can do it. ps im from atlanta too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I saw the diagram @Namasaki made for his electronics setup. It made a kind of sense. I think I could do it actually. So basically after you wire the 5 2s batteries in series you then use the balance leads on each pack and plug them into the bms in order. What wires were used on the bms side of the Connection?? Then positive goes to VESC and negative goes to b- on bms? Plus there is the charging port that I don’t quite get, and a couple other things. Sorry to bombard you lol. If you don’t want to answer all these questions it’s okay. Awesome! Maybe we could ride together sometime? I’m getting a meepo V2 for Christmas so I’ll have something to ride until I can get this board built. I’m in the suburbs north of the perimeter

1 Like

yeah it just all depends on what bms you get. charge port - goes to either the c- or p- depending on the bms. and the positive for the charge port should be connected to the pack positive wire. you should be able to find tons of diagrams on the fourm.
I don’t know what you mean by this

the wires that are plugged into the bms 1-10. I looked like they’re we’re balance wires coming from the batteries and then a connection to those wires that then went to the bms. Hope I explained that right lol

The bms comes with a adapter that is female to male. You plug the male end into the battery blance port and the female into the bms

Oh awesome. So it’s literally just plug and play

1 Like