Re-building Loaded Vanguard with Bamboo/Fibreglass/Carbon

No @Jebe is actually referring to the cast ronins. Even the cheaper cast ronin variant is very expensive here in Australia. Hard to find and they are usually almost double the price of Caliber II’s :frowning:

yes this is an expensive country - euro to AUD doesn’t help either. Do you think you could do a dual build with those mounts @whitepony ?

Holy f*** $200 for some Ronin’s?!?!

yea, Ill test the mount now with 6374 single for the rest of the year (guess thats the biggest load you can throw at a mount) and for next year Im planning a long eboard roadtrip with a really large battery and dual motor for redundancy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

75€ in France … :blush: It’s worth even playing with, really appropriate to the e-ride IMO (in view of our setup)

Jenso your mount look GORGEOUS ! Strong and precise like usual !! BiG UP This deck is crazy once again ! Enjoy WP - my next build, like always, will be inspired by you !!

2 Likes

hehe, sweet hub setup! think if hubs were offered with ronins, I might be tempted! :smiley:

thinking about a board for long distance europe touring - 60-80cell+ segmented enclosure vanguard (probably not split, but segmented like my trampa setup - but split is still in the room with very large compartments directly at the truck). possibly front and rear diagonal 6374 drive with jensos idler pulley mounts. possibly even completely decoupled front and rear setups for redundancy. one electronic side down, Ill just remove the belt and drive with the remaining single 6374.

still thinking about many details, but it will be a really sturdy long distance tourer with lots of overengineering and probably even a BMS. :astonished:

4 Likes

Please don’t :smiley:

today I put everything together - this is the truck adapter on the flattened ronin surface.

ultra precision seat on the truck, nice rounded inner edge to prevent breaking. sweet weight reduction details :heart_eyes:

love the idler, cant wait to test it. used the belt fairly loose and idler on the non stressed side. also love the motor aluminium guard :slight_smile:

the outer edge of the mount perfectly shields the belt all around

idler is very close to the wheel, might have to shorten it just a tiny bit

overall just wow, perfect ronin fit, giant stainless screws, completely over-engineered and made to last! will ride it daily until the season ends and reporting back. glad we got you in this community @nowind :smile:

17 Likes

BEAU-Ti-FuLLLLL !!! You already got plenty of details, and I like it soooo … bamboo deck with green FW + black truck and carbone enclore … some chrome details on truck according to the mount … your motor wiring is gorgeous … so … WHAT A DECK !!! Like wine it improves with time :blush: Like that the base mount fully protect the crown/belt. BMS ? Smart BMS ? Looking forward to seeing the selected :slight_smile: And 6/80 cell, yummy!

Enjoy & Good ride :sunny:

1 Like
11 Likes

hahahaha it looks like you switch gears !!! :smile: Love it !

You never ride with belt stretcher before ?? What you think ? Whats the 1st look about that ?

1 Like

Cool bro :sunglasses: is this the same mount Jenso put on his street carver? I haven’t noticed it on any other builds. Looks sweet AF and as always, E-TOXX tough :smiling_imp:

I’m all pumped to re-build my arbor bamboo deck now… must not get carried away… must finish one build at a time…

it feels awesome tbh!! its not a stretcher though, just a fixed wheel to keep more teeth in contact with the belt. i always ran a loose belt which is why they always last forever - but then you skip a few teeth when you brake hard. thats gone now, even though I set up the belt very loose! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Cobber, post:193, topic:10460”] s this the same mount Jenso put on his street carver? I haven’t noticed it on any other builds.[/quote]

yea, thats the one! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That boy makes art, should have got it numbered… you’d have #3 :joy:

1 Like

ho ok ! Nice, I learn a lot once again, alway seens this as a “stretch”, don’t know it was possible to ad this without to must tension :slight_smile: verry nice

1 Like

first 40km on the mount and I ran it really hard. the belt grip has changed in a way like making the upgrade form 9mm to 15mm a while ago. its not magic and a loose belt is a loose belt, but it has significantly improved the torque transfer. people who made the 9->15mm transition will know what I mean! idler pulley yay, good concept that doesnt add extra noise nor extra friction or anything. basically only positives, no negatives! :smiley:

one thing that I really noticed on that run: the heat conduction is phenomenal! my motor was quite hot, the mount was really warm, the truck was really warm. thats something that didnt work too well with my aluminium cylinder epoxy trick. actually the heat transfer mount->truck is better than anything Ive encountered before. I blame the 2 large connecting patches that have a real precision fit: http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/2/b/2bad22600116f612cc69728868b19e8f25edc7b6_1_499x500.JPG

6 Likes

That is pretty cool Pony :sunglasses: There are some nice cnc machined trucks out there I have avoided before now because I wasn’t happy with mount options. Mounted duel on 200mm trucks what are the longest motors you think would fit?

been using the mount since 14 days pretty much daily, each day for 20-30km now. it really invites for nowind’esque full throttle abuse cause the idler allows reliable full sk3 6374 torque transfer and Im not afraid of bumps and cracks anymore with the solid impression the mount makes! :heart_eyes:

it even saved my motor from impact once already :grinning:

15 Likes

Inspirational thank you for your posts, I bought @TranxFus discarded flex 2 cut down to flex 3 size, it has channels routed in the underside, planning to insert 2 Ti rods I happen to have in them and epoxy fill

BLASPHEMY!

1 Like

Thanks for the link.