RAPTOR 2 - THE 100KM REVIEW - Part 1

That’s actually good to hear that you’ve had no issues. I plan to put a lot of miles on my board(I have over 6,000 miles on my CGT). I understand they are a wear item, but i care most about reliability.

I feel like the reviewer would’t just make up the fact that it was slipping though. “warps pretty noticeably under load.” were his exact words.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure how big the design flaw is here and I would like to learn more about it. I take it Mick meant when he squeezed it off of the hub in the context of that photo. The gunk is said to be from the urethane. Not sure if that would effect the integrity of the wheel. Would like to see similar photos of the guy with all the miles.

I think mostly out of assumptions since It’s not build as everything else on the market. I also agree that the formula as to be replace the pre-pruduction formula is still holding good, It might have alot of crack from running over rock and ruff pavement, don’t forget that I’m testing the shit out of it, but still the thane is in one piece and does it job well

Cracks/and such are to be except IMO, so that’s good news. Even in the best full thane wheels(abec 97s, or more recently the 107s) get cracks pretty quickly during normal use, so that’s no worry. It was mainly the intrusion of rocks/dirt that worried me(seems that’s not the case?). You don’t notice and slippage feeling under heavy load during turning(and or braking while turning)?

Thanks for the quick response johnny(glad someone is testing it hard). Hopefully we can get a visual on the updated thane wheels soon.

1 Like

Micky what about part 2?

1 Like

It’s coming! I’ve been waiting on a couple of other boards to arrive that I could include, but they’re taking longer than expected to arrive. If I have to wait much longer I may have to leave them out. Thanks for your interest. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Leave them, want more to read while i wait on mine :slight_smile:

Superb review. Thanks for all your hard work. Can’t wait for part 2, oh and for my raptor to arrive!

2 Likes

Thanks Rod! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the handle might need some springs

2 Likes

I’m coming out with a new line of suitcases. The handles are great!!! I’ll start taking orders soon. If there’s anyone here in this thread that actually rides their boards, I make those too.

7 Likes

Group ride last night in sf. One of the two raptors that were there broke its rear truck and the right side motor snapped off. He has less then 300 miles on it. Bigger than just the handle I think.

1 Like

No bueno… got any pics?

that looks scary…can you imagine having that happen at 35mph?

I didn’t see that coming

hmmm its not even the motor or truck that broke it was the axle that snapped, that have been defective from the factory like a fracture on the axle and riding make it snap or if its a worse problem it could have to do with the quality of the metal… i hope it was the first option its unfortunate but a better qc process could fix this

There was a case of precision skoas axles snapping at an event not too long ago.

Even the best precision longboard trucks have had a rare case of axles snapping. Thats with super light 75mm wheels in comparison.

For a truck with huge hub motors you definitely need something with at least 10mm+

Man that’s was my R2, super scary feeling that’s for sure but already contact support hopefully they could take care of the problem quick…:+1:t3:

4 Likes

@onloop please come with a solution, we want reliability and stay safe

4 Likes