RAPTOR 2 - THE 100KM REVIEW - Part 1

Yo, are you Spiderman?

2 Likes

I, too carry my board entirely on my pinky…try it in the center of the handle…

also “related” is an awful ambiguous term on a product that is abused inherently during regular use

1 Like

The whole point was to show that if you hold your board at the end of the handles it will be mostly balanced. Nothing else. And if you think that means his pinky is doing most of the work you haven’t carried much things in your life.

1 Like

I guess the balance with shred lights installed at the front is a lot better

1 Like

I don’t have a Raptor 2.
But if the biggest complaint is the handle design, it must be a pretty sweet ride.

4 Likes

So what about those rear wheels… Knew they would be an issue. It’s really the biggest issue that no hub motor manufacturer has fixed… yet. That design of diamonds hold my wheel in place scares me. Not the original exploded diagrams design, and it will be prone to these kinds of warps. Low duro wheels will have this issue. The solution is simple, or at least for us (hummie and I), but I’'m not giving away any more info than that. P.S. think about what happens when the wheels heat up and expand. Geometrically, theres a shape that works the best.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:it’s always nice to see ur posts

I saw that the wheel will have different durometer inside so that it doesn’t warp. good thane doesn’t change shape by heat tho. I personally grind tham on sandmachine but it rather burn up. not melty

So, how does it feel to hold the handle with the board backwards, so the motors are in front of you? Seems like that would be a lot more comfortable to hold and have a better ergonomic angle for the hand and wrist.

It still cracks me up that the handle location seems to be the biggest problem and the main topic of discussion. Not performance, value, ride quality, etc.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t adding, say, aluminum L-bars/extrusions next to the battery work? i can’t CAD but something like this.

alternatively, why not move the handles out a little bit so they’re in line with the wheels? this wouldn’t effectively widen the board since the wheels already go that far out but it would make the CF more consistently wide. It would look something like the left half of this image

thanks for the input,

however, i think it’s important to emphasize that the current design, with handles centered between wheels (pictured below right side), is structurally sound.

The problem is if you move the handles backward (pictured above left side) you are then creating a weak spot. then you would need to strengthen the center. This is why i was arguing not to move the handles…

so why not alu rails? that would strengthen the entire board, not just the weak spot

becasue I’m not moving the handles.

3 Likes

Umm why debate it then? I’d be happy if this was the only complaint

1 Like

lol, you tell me? i got called a bad engineer by some hater…

1 Like

:joy::joy:compliment of ur day

that’s not really a reason

I would like to see a shoulder strap to carrie the R2, small enough to fit in your backpack

http://thelongboardsling.com/admin/index.php

1 Like

That’s look nice thanks