RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Id rather not have the board be littered with logo’s the board is fine as is imo.

2 Likes

Great vid Jason. Did you log times as well? Also how is the R2 acceleration from zero compared to R1, eg 0-40kmh time, as well as general gut feeling?

Jason, how many of the first 500 have been spoken for? Thanks.

Haha… yeah… For some reason we didn’t put all the screws in the lid before leaving the Garage… Was too excited to go riding!

Yeah. Riding sensored hub motors in FOC is a totally different user experience. The lack of transmission and motor noise actually makes it feel less powerful or something, whilst somehow making it feel smoother and more Natural too.

But the feeling of less power is an illusion. Its just so smooth!.

The first time I tested R1 vs R2 I was confinced the R2 was not meeting my performance expectations. Then When I reviewed the footage I realised it easily​ outperforms the R1.

The R2 is next level. Raw power, very exciting to ride and so smooth.

The carbon layer on external faces just isn’t practical. As much as I really do love the look!

It’s very hard to get the finish quality perfect. It requires much more time too to achieve a near perfect result and this drastically impacts productiin scalability and more specifically means people will be disappointed if they have blemishes.

Also. The other issue is that the carbon fibre layer on top is mostly covered by grip and the bottom layer is mostly cut away meaning it has no structural advantage.

I think I have made the correct decision integrating the layers into the deck.

Regarding laser cut letter on grip… I also really like it! But it’s just not durable. The lettering always gets damaged.

I really want the R2 to be super durable and strong and sometimes I have to make compromises​ to achieve that.

2 Likes

About 360ish

Have you considered using something like the 3M Scotchgard or a transparent protective layer on the bottom finish to protect the dark veneer from scratching and the wood itself from stone impact? Just an idea probably already started production anyway, besides I can just do this myself when the R2 arrives.

Why not use print on the griptape tho or does this not work on coarse griptape? I’ve used plenty of griptapes with intricate prints on that lasted as long as the griptape itself.

Can we ascertain that once the Boost Pack order is placed with same order as main that they’re automatically installed/substituted in place of default? Will the changed out (i.e. default) battery be included in the shipment as well? How to ID the 2 batteries so that on arrival we can check that Boosted was installed? Thank you!

1 Like

Actually, You won’t be receiving two batteries. This is an upgrade only.

To @onloop

1: When will you send out the Survey to all the Kickstarters?

2: How will you know if we did get the Boostpack upgrade?

I did get the upgrade. :slight_smile:

Can be a good thing to do a update on Kickstarter for i dont think all backers look at this forum.

I like that the board dont have any big text on it. Looks very cleen.

I agree the grip tape needs some logo printed on it somewhere either enertion logo or raptor 2 on it, it will finish the product off nicely and that way when people ride your board on the streets and on youtube your board will be easily recognizable.

1 Like

Carbon gives me wood.

I am not interested in printing. Please pursue performance and reliability.

1 Like

If the logo is going to come out then don’t put it on the grip tape, I also think it’s the right decision, all in faith of reliability and durability

He already has. Whether he puts a small print on it or not won’t really effect anything in terms of performance and reliability its just minor details.

When peeps see the Raptor 2 (or Enertion) logo on your deck, they’ll infer Performance + Reliability. When it’s a blank deck, it might as well be a knock-off from China. Just as Boosted and Evolve have logos on their boards, it would be inconceivable that Jason would allow his ‘Greatest ever Achievement / Creation’ in line of his market goals to be left Unknown ( = market loss before you’re out of the gates).

You mean like this… :wink: Yeah, it’s a beauty but inline of getting production out earlier is the tacit reasoning for not having it like the pre-production shown. If Carbon GT edition for Evolve sells like hot cakes, Enertion might just at a future date have a Raptor 2 Carbon Edition given that numbers are up and production has ramped up. Clue me in early Jason! So that I can start saving Again! for the Carbon Edition :wink:

Comparing it to a knock off from China is a bit harsh but i understand what you’re saying and i have to agree.

I get that but when you think of a boosted board you think of orange, not the logo on the board, the blue or greenish blue accents are what will show that the board is a raptor not the fact that it says raptor. This is how you build a brand by associating everyday colors or items with the object, think of red and soda(coke) Yellow and Phones(sprint) etc