RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

We were all beginners at one time so it’s important to remember that and take the time to help others that are just discovering this awesome hobby. I also think it’s a smart idea to get in on a board that you can grow with. My first electric was a boosted and I quickly found out the range left a great deal to be desired. You won’t have that same issue with the R2 so you are starting in a good place.

I’m a noob when it comes to the programming of these boards but stoked to learn how to program and fine tune the VESC to meet my needs. I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of noob questions when that time comes.

You are absolutely right about the protective gear. I should have mentioned that. Gotta protect your melon! Enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Thank you Jason, you’re great for responding straight away. You got me covered.

Live on Facebook in 30 mins Live on Facebook in 30 mins Live on Facebook in 30 mins Live on Facebook in 30 mins

LINK TO LIVE FEED: https://www.facebook.com/enertion.boards/

I knew the hubs were good… but this was a very surprising result… more efficient than belt drive!

10 Likes

14 Likes

Nice comparison exercise, and impressive results. Feel free to bolt down that R-1 battery lid better next time, kept drawing my eyes to it lol!

3 Likes

more efficient when the R1 had better mileage even though it used BLDC compared to the more efficient FOC? Top speed win was also due to the major voltage sag you had on the R1.

The R2 seems like a great product - you don’t have to use fake news to convince us :wink: I really like the FOC use, the silence and stealth plus coasting ability. Looks to be a worthy successor to the R1.

Should be interesting to see how the crowd weighs in on the data sets. The VESC Monitor app looks great, but I am only using the other two BLE VESC apps (Vesc Connect, Metr) as iOS-based. Any traction ever on getting a port for Vesc Monitor? The last thing I need is to buy ANOTHER single purpose device, android wear for VESC logging when I already have ios, Garmin Fenix, Garmin edge, etc lol lol.

vesc monitor (even though for android) does not support wearables as of now :cry:

@Ackmaniac is porting to ios anywhere on your product roadmap? I understand if not, more of a US-centric market ask lol. I think I am getting confused with @rpasichnyk Metr which works on Android gear, does VESC monitor work on Android Gear? If not, can you suggest the cheapest android device Vesc Monitor works as really would like to add this to my builds (and R-2 coming) but don’t rather not buy another phone to do it!

Nice to see a new video! Are you planning on doing a new hill grade test? @onloop

Those hubs are so ridiculously quiet compared to the belt motors. Unreal!

1 Like

yes, plan to continue making lots of videos!

1 Like

Any plans for other wheel types in the future? Maybe a stone ground wheel with a little more meat on it for sliding on turns?

Emphasis, ‘Kit’. Jason @onloop has a track record of coming out with better ideas and engineering. Just because there’s one available on the market doesn’t preclude Enertion from coming out with a better and improved Lighting Kit personalized for the Raptor 2.

It just shows the marketing skills bro, you cant give the whole candy bag at once.

While the Darkwood veneer is truly beautiful, I had my eyes set on the CF looks portrayed at start. Also, we seems to be missing the ‘lazered in?’ Raptor logo on deck which not only brings character to the board but is unbeatable promo for the brand as well! CF on the exterior quite possibly handle abuse better then the wood veneer…

Want one now! :heart_decoration::heart_decoration::heart_decoration:

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea! Thanx!