RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Sweet, thank you very much! Just got a bit confusing with all the posts above.

How wide are the trucks? and will it be possible to change the trucks. so close to pushing the pay button :stuck_out_tongue:

You are not able to change the trucks from my understanding. It has a special way of mounting.

These are not the trucks that come with the board, but you can see the way they mount in the video.

The adjustable trucks in the video will be available later down the road as a separate purchase.

Thanks maverail :slight_smile: Will there be any options of wider trucks?

Not that I am aware of.

why wider truckā€¦ if itā€™s about stability, you could just get a good setup of bushing or some angle spacerā€¦ at 10 inch of wheel base they are wide enough to be stable at high speed (like most of the downhill board that go speed up to 60+ kph). Also these are not regular cast truck, these are precision truck, they are meant to be more ā€œpreciseā€ā€¦

1 Like

I like to wedge the front truck on many of my boards. It helps with pumping and tends to give it a ā€œsurfyā€ feel.

I would gladly pay extra for adjustable angle trucks, and 100mm wheels, to be included with my R2.

1 Like

Final sample arrived, was about 2 weeks overdue! But iā€™m very happy with the last minute changes i made on thisā€¦ It really feels like a piece of art nowā€¦

• New handles are slightly recessed so they do not interfere with foot position on the deck surface.
  • Microdrops to lock your foot, feels very secure.
  • Vicious Grip standard.
  • Slightly more aggressive nose & tail shape.
  • Dark hardwood veneer. This is an added luxury that i simply had to have.

14 Likes

I dig the new look. Canā€™t wait to ride it! What does the production schedule look like that you alluded to earlier? [quote=ā€œonloop, post:1344, topic:12694ā€] Full on manufacturing and production mode at the moment. [/quote]

We have ordered enough parts to make 500.

60-70% parts are made or being made.

Some parts only just started today. e.g. Deck & Motors.

Some parts still in last stages of finalizing. Mold for plastic parts still being tuned.

Ramp-up production. 30 units. MAY. Full production / first large batch. 470 units. JUNE - JULY.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I can hold my excitement until June or July. Donā€™t they say delayed gratification is an important skill to learn? Looking like a fine piece of machinery/art.

this will be my greatest ever achievement / creation

Goddamn, Iā€™m going to have to carry it around more than i though to show off that sexy back.

2 Likes

HOLEEEEEE CRAP! That is simply stunning, a thing of beauty. WOW :astonished:

The handles really blend in to the design now too and that stain!!! You mentioned a few times with this modular system that people can stick it on any deck they like (within reason) but I canā€™t see anyone wanting to take anything off this deck!

1 Like
13 Likes

Finaly had to make an account.

Some questions: Is the board waterproof? When will the first 30 boards ship? 1,2,3 or 4 week of may? Will the allterain kit be ready to ship for may?

Thanks and go on with you awesome work!!

Amazing, super happy with all the changes. Exactly what I was looking for in a esk8! @onloop

Oh myā€¦ Yes it looks Awesome but hell, i was naively dreaming about sometime in may, saying july feels like a real blow! I dont want to wait all summer to ride this beast! (So please dont make meā€¦)

Thatā€™s amazing! Iā€™m starting to get excited for the Raptor 2.

BTW how difficult would be to remove the battery, Iā€™d like to flight with it and have spare batteries available in both cities when I ussualy travel to.

This is when I regret not having pledged the kickstarter