RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Being harsh? You sold us a product that we paid in advance for and are trying to change it on us in an Fd up way. I feel like you are pulling a “Trump” on us and trying to scare people so they jump in and pay more money for this pack. Only the dumb asses want a “Trump”.

“I shouldn’t be forced to the back of the line because you added a little extra cash to his pocket” is what I said. It doesn’t say you have lined your pockets with cash. It says that those whom pay more get better treatment because thats what you said. Besides, you are in this to make money aren’t you?

So I am curious. What are we suppose to believe is the truth? “everyone is in or nobody is in” You said this March 22nd. Is that true? Doesn’t seem like it.

You just said this 3 days ago? True or not true? “Our battery factory can’t make these different packs at the same time, so priority will go to manufacturing the upgraded 30Q battery first… I suppose boost pack means you get Raptor 2 a bit quicker as well as bigger battery.” HHHHMMMMM!!!

In your facebook video on the 22nd you said “this is not going to delay…stuff”. Yet if someone who has supported this build for weeks or months now doesn’t give you more money for something you want, they get pushed to the back of the line. True or not?

You had 82 votes(on what I see on this pole) for the “upgrade question” and only 89% of that said they would even pay for it. I am guessing this is NO where close to the number of boards sold at the time. On March 10th you said you sold heaps!! 3 days ago you said “320ish”. In the kickstarter you had 101 boards sold (if my math is right). There are only 164 users on this feed. This is not everyone. Yet you still went ahead and made the decision to add a larger more expensive battery without having everyone in. Knowing damn well that there was no way you could get everyone in. Sending a mass email to ‘purchase now or it costs more later’ does not tell your base the truth. Sounds to me like you are saying -‘If you don’t buy we will hold your money longer and treat you like a bag of dicks. We care more about the people that want what I want and give me more money than we agreed on.’ is that what your going for? We agreed on a price for a product. You changed your mind along with SOME of the people that purchased and now everyone is supposed to pay the price.

How are we suppose to know that this is the last “upgrade”? Who is to say that we won’t be getting a charge for “upgraded lights” because Joe Shmo told you it would be rad?

You also said ‘and I said, if you ordered on Kickstarter that gets you in the first batch.’ Not true?

“The people get in first are definitely top of the list. They are top priority” March 10th. Not true?

This has little to do with money (although some). I bought 2 boards 1 day apart. 1 for $200 US more than the other. I made a mistake putting the first code in. I asked for that to be changed and you denied me. Thats all good. I decided to roll with it then and let this thing go down the way it was planned. I understand that you need commitment from people to do the build you planned. We need commitment too. I have two Raptor2 boards ordered, an Acton and a OneWheel+. If Acton or OneWheel pulled this stuff with you, I expect you would be a bit pissed. ‘Here’s $2300 US for you to play around with and do what you want’ is not how this thing was marketed nor is it what I want to be a part of. The price you are now charging for this “upgrade” obviously sounds like a “good deal” but we already had a “good deal”. That was what we agreed on to begin with.

You said this “Yes. There is a 20% fee. It’s written on the raptor 2 product page. See FAQ.” I looked at the FAQs as you mentioned (many times) and it says “administration fee would be deducted from your refund”. An “administration fee” of 20%! WOW. There should be NO “administration fee” now that you have changed the deal. This was not a DIY build. Why are you asking your minions what they want? Do we get to pick the colors too? I would like 4 different color wheels please. Lets vote!

You said this Nov 16th "Not really hard, Most powerful could mean a few things.

Biggest battery in wh
Highest voltage battery
Highest battery current
Highest current throughput per motor
Highest current throughput overall

We offer the best of the all above. Except maybe voltage, need more market data to confirm. Most likely on par with others." Why the new battery then?

Obviously I am pissed here. It seems to me that you are telling people these mixed comments to get a quick reaction from them. Getting them to buy something that you have changed and committed to in the middle of building a project that has already been paid for. You have your supports fighting with each other over a battery. These guys telling people they are wrong for not forking up the cash is BS. You should be pissed at them for talking shit about how people want to spend their cash. We shouldn’t be in this situation. I can only imagine how stressful a situation it is trying to get this built. The only reason I can guess you would offer the larger battery is you are not getting what you want out of the first. It just doesn’t make sense.

As a business man why do this?

I looked at a lot of esk8 companies including Metroboards and DIYelectric(Tourque) and went with you for a couple reasons. I liked that you were putting yourself out there in the vids. That you were committed to putting out the best product (the we pre-paid for).

That you seemed to care about your supporters. I am at a loss on the last one. It seems to me that you care about some of them. The ones that want what you want or have at least done what you want them to do. I would like some honest answers and the truth about what build is happening, when it will be delivered and what is really happening with the battery?

Maybe you could answers these questions and tell us exactly what we can expect.

I want this:

Guarantee: 110% Refund if unsatisfied with performance Shipping: Worldwide & Free Performance: Best in class Speed, Range & Torque Customizable: Easily swap deck to any Longboard Waterproof: IP65 Rated Design Hardware: Precision CNC aircraft aluminium Motors: Sophisticated In-Wheel Technology Rapid Charging: Standard Inclusion - Don’t pay extra Battery: 40 Premium High Output Cells Warranty: Industry Leading 1 Year Insta-Replace Parts Warranty

4 Likes

Wow dude, not even sure where @onloop would even start trying to anwner your questions. It is clear that English is not your fist language, so I will spare picking your rant apart.

I think the two main points you missed were the following:

1. The upgrade was done based on trying to satisfy majority of backers (hence 60% already paid)
  2. Jason has already told you that his production team will get both batches out on time. This is contradictory to the “all or nothing” position he had initially taken; however I have to imagine enough guys like yourself threw tantrums, that he found a way to keep everyone happy (or at least try).

Sorry that came across a bit more harsh than I had intended. I understand you are frustrated and the situation isn’t ideal, but I think Jason has demonstrated that he has the best intentions (not about maximizing his profit but building the best board) and has also committed to getting both versions of the board ASAP. Hopefully we are all riding soon.

Its very simple. You get exactly wait you paid for.

I am trying to build the best board possible, Thank you for your valued orders I can’t do this without my backers.

However i ask, please try to be patient, resonable, understanding & supportive.

4 Likes

Do you have any additional pictures of the revised deck? It would be nice to see it complete from different angles.

was meant to get the final samples start of this week, hasn’t arrived yet…

the deck is ready as of today, considering shipping time i probably won’t see it until start of next week.

I get that people are pissed off at the battery and shipment statement that onloop made. First he says that the upgraded version will be delivered sooner and in the next post he points out that the battery upgrade is still for sale. I think that sparked some people here.

Seeing the position onloop is in though… I would have done the same. In my eyes he’s going through all kind of loops and hard work to deliver us the best product he possibly can. That is also the best move because the current target audience is a niche that compares e-boards and reads alot of reviews to say the least.

You have my full support Jason!

2 Likes

Still waiting on this answer please

not sure the correct answer, do you know the other people?

really need to get you all to upgrade, make it easier for me.

I was in the first 5 people group buy organized by @Michaelinvegas, I never knew the names of all the other 4.

Let me know how would you know my board was upgraded

1 Like

I’ll sort it out next week when I get back from Cali…

I’ll shoot @onloop all the names …

And square up with everyone

1 Like

when will the kickstarter boards be delivered? (the ones without upgrade)

I have this in mind and would like recommendations on add on led lights not just for show but bright enough to light the path at speed. Please advise.

@Michaelinvegas - I ordered through you as well. Since you’ve got a few group buys, maybe it’d be best to arrange the shipment by grouping those of us who have purchased the battery upgrade with proof of receipt.

1 Like

The shipment will be arranged by Enertion…

How abt this …

All my group buy people shoot me a PM

Name Address

And tell me if you DID or DID NOT upgrade the battery

Led lights is no good idea because is not aloud in every country to drive a electric skateboard and with led light the board is not stealth then. i think jason know that.

I have no experience with them, but research Shred Lights.

https://shredlights.com/collections/electric

2 Likes

Only 6 more weeks to go.

1 Like

Are you actually buying one Simon?

@Mickyboy Waiting for my affiliate rewards to come through and its only paid out till order completed. Be interesting to hear when they start flowing as Enertion have 6months to forward bonus. Interested to see how V2 goes.

1 Like