RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

The reason he introduced the booster pack is because there was a lot of interest in a better battery on his live streams. He argued the point at first saying it would be too hard to do that logistically. After there was more and more interest in a booster pack, he wanted to make his customers happy my giving them the opportunity to upgrade. I bought the booster pack. I’m not saying it was a good or bad idea to introduce the booster pack. I’m just explaining his side a little bit.

FO. I paid (more than I should have for 1) for 2 boards. I ordered 2 that I was told I would get in order of when they were purchased. I didn’t ask for anything extra. I shouldn’t be forced to the back of the line because you added a little extra cash to his pocket. Whatever you have to say about wanting the pack or not…this is a “Shitty way to do business.” I don’t really give a hoot if you want something. I have already paid for a product. Deliver it. It is that simple. I’m as stoked as the next person to get my ride.

He said in his FB live feed we can cancel if we want. He wants $260 to cancel the order. 20%! I would have canceled both my orders by now not because I think the board won’t be what he said. Because this is a “Shitty way to do business.” It’s hard to trust someone who makes it feel like he screws over the ones paying him. Whats next? $60 for the new wheels that are coming out? Lights for $40? BS!! You just going to hope that doesn’t happen? Ya’ll are the ones setting us up for that.

I skipped a bunch of builders over because I liked that Jason was putting himself out there. This is not cool.

20% he wants for cancellation!

I just looked back at the original posts and didn’t see anything about getting them in the order purchased. The only thing mentioned was getting a reduced “earlybird” price…which you got. If you want out and got it for a lower price than its selling for now, why not just sell your spot to someone else? Then you’d get your full amount back and someone else would get that spot in line. No harm…no foul.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s about forcing people to the back of the line that didn’t buy the upgrade. It’s still about getting quality boards out to people asap, but not everyone wants the upgrade so it’s a bit more complicated. Seems like having the 30Q battery packs made for the majority would be better for shipping / Manufacturing which would get more boards out faster compared to a ramp up, then a smaller batch then the upgraded batch. I don’t think he is trying to screw anybody over…

4 Likes

I don’t think Jason is trying “add a little extra cash to his pocket” …he is doing the the upgrade to put out the best board possible with the available technology. A lot changes in 6 months from when this all started. I do agree that because things have changed you should not have to pay 20% deposit if you choose to cancel your order. Follow up with them, I would be surprised if they didn’t make an exception given the circumstances. Having said that he is trying to accommodate everyone by making 2 versions, so don’t punish yourself by canceling when you can still get the board you ordered at discounted price you paid

1 Like

Discounted price yes, I buy that. Delay one month, I buy that too but when my turn comes, just cuz I didn’t pay I’m forced down the line? That’s a no go

1 Like

maybe is good when we open a Foundation for a few people who have no 59$ in his pocket for the Boostpack. then the crying maybe stops here. 🖒🖒

Top commission earner already made $900 :slight_smile: Sign up & Earn Cash. http://www.enertionboards.com/affiliate-sign-up-page.html

CLICK TO SEE TOP 5 COMMISSION LEADER BOARD

If I pay for the booster pack how will you find me, I’m in the first 5 people group buy. I don’t have any backer number.

This is good news, some people just pay for the standard battery and expect the boost upgrade. I think what Jason did is smart. Now the people who didn’t pay will want to pay.

The bearings in the R-SPEC GHOST hub motors are huge. They will outlast normal skateboard bearings and happily take any beating you can throw at it.

These bearings are made for heavy machinery, not skateboards.

2 Likes

to the complainers… Jason is tying to get you a better board/battery for about an extra 3% ($59) of the cost of the board. You held out paying for the upgrade in hopes that you got a free tow along to a better board and now that Jason has indicated that you will only get the original battery you are complaining. You are going to get exactly what you paid for and after months of waiting it might take an extra couple of week. (who knows these all could be delayed an extra month) I think your real beef is that you aren’t getting a free upgrade. If you want the better board, pay the extra 3% otherwise you will get what you paid for in a reasonable time frame. PS- if an extra $59 is seems like too big a stretch, I questions whether or not you should of spend a thousand dollars on a skateboard in the first place??

6 Likes

Are there two of those 50mm x 65mm x 7mm bearings in each motor? Are they user replaceable without voiding the warranty?

thats true, people is 59$ for nice upgrade to much, but buy a board for over 1000$. thats crazy. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

LMAO

I thought he wanted us to buy another upgrade for bearings

You didnt read my post did you? Its the type of marketing hes doing, if you dont buy, you get knocked down the line. That is what is disturbing me.

1 Like

And for some people I think I have to clarify, level 4 and 5 are the same price depending on what code you use. If level 5 have it included its almost the same, difference is 50 euros.

When I bought my board I used the code 100raptor2, there was also a code that you could get the board for 999 raptor999 (oh well I missed that one) Today you can buy your board for 1180 euros with the code pushingsucks 10% off the price off 1316 euros I bought mine for 1135 which means the difference is 45 euros. Kickstarters im not even going to talk about. Im not a cheap charlie. Hope I could make you understand what I mean by this.

@MrDude_1 See that?

I hear where you’re coming from. He’s in a tough spot. 60% of people want the upgraded battery (including me). Since he didn’t get the 90% he’s got to do two batches. That pisses off the people that didn’t buy the upgrade. But now, if he cancels and refunds for the upgrade he’ll piss off the 60% that did purchase the pack.

I saw this situation coming a mile away, but it is what it is I guess. There’s no way now to make everyone 100% happy.

Can’t wait to ride though!

Agreed, tough spot, but let’s all cut Jason a bit of slack, he is trying to keep everyone happy here and his intentions are good. At the end of the day I want my board but don’t care what batch I am in, I just hope he takes the time to make all the board without issues as I would much rather wait an extra month then have to send it back.

1 Like