RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

sounds great, where and when can I order your Hubs to test them out? Hopefully before end of May 2017…

You don’t need 4 hubs… Unless they are just not very good. It’s also worth noting that ride comfort would be serverly diminished with all four wheels having minimal urethane.

I will be making videos that clearly demonstrate how properly engineered hub motors can offer high torqure for hill climbing and also easily reach high speed without busting a sweet.

3 Likes

You could start a kickstart campaign to fullfill those orders :slight_smile:

1000w? That a little low my boards 3000w

@onloop Hey Jason, if we pre-order the raptor 2 and we live in Europe shall we get it from your EU distributor, therefore with no customs to be paid? In addition will warranties be serviced from your EU distributor or from Australia (this one is maybe too early to answer and hopefully not needed)?

1 Like

When do you begin taking pre-orders? Sammy needs a friend! :slight_smile:

You say it is bad engineering on a flawed argument. One, the handle is in the middle, but it is wide enough where it can be gripped towards the rear of the deck. Two, sure the hubs are heavier, however, the battery placement is more towards the front.

Edit: also, it is not like the GT where the motors are wayyy in the back. I grip the GT close to the middle, a little bit further back, but not by a lot. The battery does help counter the center of gravity quite a bit.

Not true. I think it feels great, especially with hummies new car tire rubber. Have you even tried 4wd? If that’s really the case for your hubs, then there’s problem, cause I feel like I’m floating on a cloud.

I agree, 4wd shouldn’t be necessary, but my understanding Jason is you live in a pretty flat area and your not on the heavier side.When John gets on my board, there’s way more torque then he knows what to do with, cause he’s 60 pounds lighter than me. You always built the perfect product for you, but that’s not always the perfect for everyone. I’m curious what the torque and top speed will be like. I’d be surprised if you had the torque and top speed that I have with my 4wd. Either way, @hummies bigger motors should be on par, if not, more powerful than these. Most people seem to be fine with his current dual drive motors…

Is this board weather sealed?! I’m definitely looking forward to this board to be released!

The new R-SPEC GHOST direct drive motors use the same size stator, although different configuration, as found in the big boy 6374 motors… they also have double the magnet volume… they have sensors too for super smooth start up… so yeah they are very powerful.

Imagine dual R-SPEC 6374… that’s the easiest way to think about it.

Also we are not really going to be restricted by current (although it will be capped at an optimised level) becasue the new VESCX, New BMS design & Battery can easily provide a healthy burst of 40a to each motor without concern. Balancing torque and efficincy will take some tweaking however we are very confident.

We will be conducting multiple tests over the course of the next 7 months demonstrating the performance and it will be all shown in our new vlog series starting soon.

3 Likes

It will have some seals in place. But we are not going to give it a rating yet.

Maybe we will say “splash” proof…

Nov 28th…

Set your alarm clock.

1 Like

Alright guys, just to get the ball rolling and save each other some money: Here’s my affiliate link: http://www.enertionboards.com/?afmc=4d Use coupon code: 100RAPTOR2 It’ll save us both 100 AUS on a Raptor2

1 Like

Or perhaps mine? Since I’m young and still have no board.:slight_smile:

Will also save you and me $100 for the New Enertion Raptor 2. Preorder available November 28, 2016.

Let’s not turn this into a referals thread :slight_smile: Best to make a new topic for that?

2 Likes

What length is the stator on these @onloop and then we could get an idea of the max torque and power ? 53??

We are in the process of building an eboard dyno based on this

We will be doing extensive testing of all the various hub motors we can get our hands on & will publish the data.

We’ll start off by running about 1.6kw into each hub & monitoring performance & temps. YES, It’s our goal to be the most powerful & we will easily accomplish that based on what we already know is available in the market. However we won’t forget about other important factors, we also want a very effecient & natural feeling propulsion system.

Fortunatley @Ackmaniac has developed an awesome way to control power during different throttle stages. This is awesome news as we can now ensure the power is available were it is needed the most and balance that with average crusing RPM.

People must remind themselves with hub motors you have exceptional coasting ability, on flats at cruising speed you dont need lots of current, you actually want minimal… just enough to fight wind resistance and maintain speed.

However when the steeper inclines appear you want to be able to hit the throttle hard and pump maximum power into the motors.

We are also using sensored motors so starting will be very easy. However somtimes its nice to get to top speed very rapidly, but not so rapidly you fall over, so you also want to make sure you can have the correct current/power to speed ratio at low rpm. It’s a fine that we will perfect over the next 7 months.

5 Likes

you saidd something about a custom bms. can you tell us a bit more?:wink:

Nice looking all around Jason! The above comment intrigues… what KV rating did you end up on and when are you planing to release these for individual sale?

Its a 90mm wheel & 36v nominal voltage. we are targeting 45km/h top speed in FOC mode, so the KV will most likley be 80.