RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

I’m not trying to get within the law just curious how companies advertise speeds and power that’s often illegal on roads. Maybe its just like lamborghinis or something…they can go crazy fast and advertised as such but not legal to do

@Blasto it’s nitrile and hydrogenated nitrile rubber. typical car stuff…at least the non-hydrogenated.
not as good rebound and other physical properties on paper as pu but rides great and typical pu will degrade and also have worse mechanical properties at temps stated as above 170f. got “hot pour” pu recently though intended for high heat that I havent gotten around to pouring and more excited about that.

Not really hard, Most powerful could mean a few things.

1. Biggest battery in wh
  2. Highest voltage battery
  3. Highest battery current
  4. Highest current throughput per motor
  5. Highest current throughput overall

We offer the best of the all above. Except maybe voltage, need more market data to confirm. Most likely on par with others.

1 Like

11 Likes

1.biggest battery would be most energy 2.highest voltage doesnt mean highest power (static electricity is filled with volts but little power) 3. neither does current 4.etc 5.etc highest power would have to literally mean most power…volts x amps…no?

but then half of what companies advertise is emptiness. just read the eon board charges while you push it.

1 Like

I’d assume peak power would be measured as the highest current x voltage a setup can muster before something breaks. Of course the watt ratings for most boards seem to be mostly theoretical and therefore bullshit.

Looks like you built a game of tetris into the board

I would totally buy it, i quite like tetris.

yeah… i wanted that retro/futuristic/space-invaders look

4 Likes

The handle placement is looking badasssssss, loving that part of the design.

1 Like

Do you have a side view picture? Will the sides flare up?

From the video enertion just posted to their gram :slight_smile:

All black - she’s a looker.

3 Likes

Did I just see precision truck…

2 Likes

Yup precision CNC truck.

Raptor 2 is looking really damn sexy

Looks like Jacob’s Hubs with a splash of BIG bearing frenzy from Hummies’ and the thane/can design from the early CarvON tech demos from a few years back.

The winding looks too much like Jacobs for my liking (not that it is). Resistance was too high, not optimized for maximum torque for the current. Gonna get too hot.

@anon94428844 where do you see this? Not dissing, just want to see for myself

Edit: ah i see from the instagram

Look on Endless Sphere for the old Hub motor designs.

Flaw with a metal can for the Thane: Thane with metal core slid over metal can - bad traction. Thane over metal can - bad traction + heat wear with Hummie.

Keeping them cool is a super high priority that I don’t think anyone takes seriously. We’ll see.

Did enertion post more info on their hubs anywhere? I think they might be similar to hummie’s hubs.

We take it very seriously, So much so we have a patent pending invention directly addressing this matter.

5 Likes

youre the only one who keeps secrets on your own forum. I totally understand that though. Wonder what it is. id say…a really nice heatsink truck. If u manage to press and keyway the stator onto the hanger directly and then finned the rest like ur pic you could sum heat directly into the heatsink

The video u posted is slick and sucks ur eyes in but then the highlight is a brochure. Twice I think. Kinda redicilous. Why don’t u tear the motor down for us. What are u worried about

2 Likes