Raptor 2 cutting out

This problem started happening after I took it on some sidewalks for a fairly long distance. It was enough vibration to make the trucks loose in the 3/8’’ bolts (I tightened these as soon as I noticed). I feel like repetitive bumps in the sidewalk may have knocked some wires loose when the trucks became loose. Now, it seems that the board will cut out soon after I have been going really fast in R-Spec mode. One time, it cut out as I was accelerating in R-Spec mode. This was effectively, a rapid deceleration that threw me off my board. Fortunately, I was able to catch my self in the form of a very high impact sprint.

I was advised by customer service to take a picture of the inside of my board. Unfortunately, I will be moving around a lot in the short term and do not know when I will have a chance to take it apart.

Prior to the power cutting out, I also noticed that the board has never gotten past 85%-87% charge on the battery even though it has been plugged in all night. This, I think, is a separate issue, but I think it may still be relevant.

3 Likes

@boonem1992 Looks like we can fix this easily, You have to do the following things? 1: Update the Unity to the latest firmware

2: Remove the servo cable from the receiver, reposition it, resecure it by applying hot glue. 3: Calibrate your remote using FOCBOX UI 4: For battery, if you have a multimeter, test the output voltage and let me know.

i have had the exact same issue board was not charging over 85% even though i had left it charging overnight and while i was skating the board cut out on me causing me to wob out and crash not good still waiting to hear back from Enertion

I am having the same problem. The board just stops after about 5 minutes of use.

I think Enertion boards is out of business. I cannot get through to them at all and I see here that most people cannot get in touch so it seems that they have just gone away.

Bummer!

1 Like

Sounds like it was a BMS issue to me…

@paimoon @edeinzer yours definitely sounds like a battery/bms issue. Where abouts are you?

Hey @anon26002665 - thanks for the response. I am in Los Angeles, California. I just wrapped up working for the year so right now I have a little bit of time on my hands to start experimenting with the board to see if I can be more specific with what is happening.

If you have any suggestions on what to do please don’t hold back. :grin:

Cheers, -eric

Suggest joining the new forum we don’t know how long this will be maintained the new forum is community sponsored and primarily maintained by a few relatively small builders who do this as a hobby and side business so shouldn’t suffer the same fate as this forum at least for the foreseeable future. (new forum is on “esk8 news” site)

Regarding the issue with the batteries/BMS, with a multimeter you can determine if the voltage coming out of the battery looks right/wrong and if the voltage coming out of the BMS looks right/wrong (and do other diagnostics with the ESC) to pin down where the problem lies and replace the appropriate parts.

2 Likes

Yep jump on the new forum mate, quite a few battery builders in the US that should be able to help you out