Raptor 2 | Custom Made Compatible Decks | USA

IMG_2392

1 Like

Brent. I do wish your post wasn’t removed. I like me some controversy. Let’s talk about why I make these claims about the raptor being awesome before I even go into what I’ve done to it to make it the best raptor in the world for me. I have been riding it for a short period of time so far, but I haven’t seen anything else anyone has said about riding the board harder than I do because I haven’t seen anyone doing that.

Raptor Motors are strong, and durable. The road I ride on to work every day is full of all the stuff that turns motors into IMG_0489 This is the first Funing longboard motor set up with a v2 hanger, because I bent the v1 hangers like 10+° It aint my first rodeo, and Commerce Drive here in Murray is not the kind of road you expect board to have a very long life on.

Cheers for good rubber, great seals on the motors, thick enough rubber to actually get over most of what you’ll ever need to on the roads, and the price/power ratio is good.

The enclosure is made well also. Good product. There are other awesome completes out there I want to try, and I’m sure I’ll get behind more products which I have tested and know to be awesome.

The deck I made for it is such a different experience than the standard deck which has it’s purpose.

This deck is the first raptor compatible deck. The final product won’t be 10.5" max width, it will be probably like 10".

I am thinking I might like to sell this deck to someone when I go to make a new one.

I’ll be building a slalom style raptor deck, some drop through or cut out decks maybe although the rear wheels are extra wide and that presents problems for the cut out width.

4 Likes

PNG

I am actually shocked by how high I can ollie with this deck. Proper leverage makes a HUGE difference.

This deck weighs over 26 lbs.

5 Likes

Personally i wouldn’t ollie on hubs motors.

3 Likes

You would if it would save your life

2 Likes

Lol okay. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I was going 30mph over an overpass in the shoulder and there was a 1x1 across the path, which i picked my nose up for but took the back wheels over it. It would have done so to anyone else and I even had my 23 degree plates on. Good luck going over that with a 50 degree rear plate.

edit it really almost wrecked me standing tall with cars passing in all lanes of traffic.

I run 35° rear. Im just saying i wouldn’t ollie on hubs because i don’t think they can take it.

Olliing will without a doubt do much less force on the wheels than riding them.

Should modify that to not stomping high ollies will likely do much less force than just running over bumps.

I’ve seen enough hubs motor hangers bend and or snap that i wouldn’t risk those forces. Then again i don’t ride hubs at all. Maybe if i lived somewhere with really nice roads. I like full urethane too much.

It is true they feel better. At this point I’ve ridden 3 sets of hub motors and 2 sets of belt (boosteds) on the same road back and forth on the worst concrete pavement in the neighborhood. Commerce drive in murray is very undesirable riding per se, but the raptor having a bit more thane helps.