Raptor 2 | Custom Made Compatible Decks | USA

Thank you. We are about to see what’s with it. Going out for the first test ride. Went with only 23 degree rear and 47 front with no wedging. We shall see what happens here. image

6 Likes

Go to my insta story @drangmfglab for the first test ride. I am so excited about this board, I might want a bit more steering in the front, but right now I couldn’t be happier. New Favorite thing ever. I’ll post more on it later, I took a bunch of pics to show how I did this. There were a few modifications made. Success!

6 Likes

K who wantsta buy one?

1 Like

You should go ask at the esk8 club site too. A lot more raptor owners there

Also theres a facebook group for raptor owners

[

electric-skateboard.club

](https://www.electric-skateboard.club/)

Is this the group?

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1890905301163087/ here is the facebook group I believe

Thank you! I requested to join the FB group, and I’d like to sign up for the club you mentioned sender, is that electric-skateboard.club?

I cannot underestimate how even extremely subtle changes to a deck will make ride significantly different, and in this case, significant changes were made.

Now that I have the new deck, I am going to be changing my acceleration curves again to be a bit more extreme, because the wide stance I can utilize on this board makes it so much more comfy for my wide hips and tall stature.

I guess most of the people on here aren’t raptor owners then huh?

I should mention that I can make any shape out of this mold and we can accommodate many battery enclosures. Keep me in mind for your future builds.

4 Likes

Yup thats the one sender reccomends, also there are a few but im sure you will find more other places.

2 Likes

While many people here aren’t raptor owners, I think they would still buy a deck like this that keeps ESK8 in mind.

3 Likes

I kinda do just for science to try on my r2 stuff. What would the damage be in the end and would it come wood color like that or would it be painted. Are you going to have mounting holes for the enclosure or would I have to do that myself? Give me the nitty gritty and I’m open to being the guinea pig on it

Coolio. I do need to change some things, for example I way over estimated the strength of the tail it seems to be flexy which actually feels great at speed, but I am afraid I weakened it. We’ll see. That’s why I’m riding it. I’m going to take it somewhat easy for a bit, and when I’m in the clear for a new deck I’ll really jump on it, and see if I can get it to break. Less weight savings on the tail.

The thing about this is that the board could be literally anything. We are a full service custom longboard shop. People spec boards out however. Let’s do your specs all here on the forum. You down?

Yes, I’ll put the holes for the battery. I’ll be revising the wheel wells a tiny bit so as not to take as much material on the tail specifically.

Could paint the board any color or do color schemes with staining, tinted clearcoat, could use composites on the board, Fiberglass (22 ounce triaxial snowboard glass) or 8 ounce triaxial carbon fiber. Those options would maybe let us go from 11 to 10 plies. Might want to bury another layer under…

But I digress. We could totally just do this board again with a few specs n stuff made best, for the official v1 of the unofficial raptor 3.0 as I see it. I could even cut the shape to a different overall width and length.

I made an 8 inch tail on this one because I really wanted to know that longer wasn’t better, and for now I feel so comfy on it doing wheelies up to maybe 18mph so far.

The biggest questions a deck needs to answer are what will happen when you need to not die the most. This deck is that for me. It is also so huge I can butt board on it, and it’s way more maneuverable than while standing.

1 Like

self voted best electric skateboard in all of ever, between the deck, the trucks, and the El Jefe of all prebuilts, the raptor 2.1. I am going to film skating, because my local road is the most bumpy with seams which tore my last set of wheels up and this board is taking that all like a champ. I am shocked by it at 100% battery and at 50% it’s probably still faster n quicker than the boosted.

2 Likes

What the hell are you communicating

Why are you personally attacking Jared for liking his Raptor?

Yes that was me who flagged your post. It’s a shit post

2 Likes

@brenternet, this seems a bit harsh if I am understanding what you are saying, @drangboards should be excited, biased and proud about what he has done here as he has put tons of thought and hard work into trying to satisfy the wants needs and desires of the collective efforts of the DIY community.

6 Likes

Why you Brad, I can’t possibly argue with you.

If developers and builders here lose their objectivity we’re out in the cold.

3 Likes

Pride in one’s work is important, Jared did say “self voted” to signal his personal opinion…

2 Likes

I’m gonna refrain from giving my opinion, but I’ll say this. “Better than a boosted” is not a high bar when discussing speed and range. Although safety is a different discussion I won’t delve into.

So developers and builders can’t have their own favorite board ?

@drangboards’s been ESK8 for more than a year now and he’s comparing his experience with the new customizations he’s made (notice how in his comment he highlights the deck , his deck first) . He , nor any others rebuilder or developer has no responsibility to be objective. They like what they like and they shouldn’t be dogged for it.

3 Likes