Raptor 2 Custom hanger for better cooling

Very nicešŸ‘šŸ¼

Going good @Minim !! Like how you extended the hanger. It was 180mm before, right? That is what I understand; you added 40mm and now is 220mm. I encourage you to add 20mm more. Go to 240mm and then youā€™ll got a winner carvy truck. It will look awesome with the 100mm R-SPEC Crossover Rear Wheels. Because right now with their current truck they look narrowly odd under the R2ā€¦ :point_down::confused:

1 Like

That sounds crazy wide. Donā€™t you want to turn also?

1 Like

You mean you will get a highspeed stabilized truck.

2 Likes

That too. :grinning:

With such a fat and bulky hanger you could even add some rake, especially when the truck is 240 or so long?

1 Like

They turn with that sizeā€¦

2 kingpins

This is my design for hub motors with a built-in cooling system: Rear%20Truck%2035%20Degree%20v144

1 Like

Have you tried adding thermal paste yet? I saw a comment about it earlier but no results. Iā€™m not sure how familiar you are with it, but basically all surfaces have a rough texture even if it looks smooth, so metal to metal contact is very limited. The idea of thermal paste is it fills the valleys in with a heat conductive material and is able to transfer that heat to the sinking material much more efficiently. I imagine you can see great cooling increases by adding paste. Also, not all pastes are created equal, computer modders will often change paste and see good temp drops between different brands.

2 Likes

Your design seems to lend itself better to some hexagonal dumbbells on the ends for extra cooling. Like it would be easier to machine in.

Are you going to machin it yourself?

IDK yet lol. I donā€™t have my own CNC mill or anything, but I was hoping to pay someone to do it for me. Perhaps youā€™d be interested?

It will take to much time in my 3axis Machine to make something like that. Maybe @Kug3lis can help if he had access to 4-5axis Machine.

Hmm Iā€™m gonna work on the design to make it more millable.

Thatā€™s why I keep mine kinda bulky when I make changes and do testing since itā€™s way easier to machine. To many features that needs to be milled in different orientations makes it more complex on a simple machine like mine. Your design on a 5axis machine would be a walk in the park :smiley: Really wish I had thatā€¦

Isnā€™t there any solution to improve the heat dissipation on the Enertion hanger? Like a bolt-on heat sink?

it wouldnā€™t be difficult to design one, but to have it be as efficient as something thats made for that purposeā€¦ that would be a feat

Thatā€™s correct. It doesnā€™t give you the same performance of a custom made truck, or a wider hanger, but I guess a lot of people are just as happy if they could bolt something onto the existing setup.

As soon as you finish the hanger I would love to change the Acton Quatro suckers, with a pair of yours. If USPS delivers on time I will get my board tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like