R-SPEC Shorted Phase Wire Problem & Solution

I have a motor on the way, is this still happening?

yes, you did hurt my feelings… try to keep your negative bullshit to yourself, i am not a big corporation, i am just a dude in a garage… try to remember that, also try to remember I am a human with feelings like anyone else on here.

At the end of the day, this is my business & I decide what I say & what i do, if you don’t like it that’s your problem.

It seems fairly obvious that paying around $200 in freight (and more import taxes) to return a motor to Australia to install heat tube & post it back overseas is extremely wasteful, slow, bad for the environment and not in the best interest of the customer.

of course if they cannot fix it themselves i will offer additional steps to resolve the problem, there really is no limit to what i will consider, but first we need to try the quick & easy solutions first. That’s fairly standard in the service industry.

1 Like

really? how did you get so wise?

… business is fucking hard mate… i will whine about it as much as i want…

1 Like

no, its been fixed.

This is why:

I know it all, but when a customer comes to me and says something along the lines of “your room is not logical”, I tell him: “Oh, sorry, please tell me what you would like us to change so we could be better for you”. Then he tells me, I listen to him with a smile, thank him for the “input” and go on with my life. The room doesn’t need to be perfect (motors don’t either), but the customer experience is heavily based on how he is treated. If I told him: “Well, you can say all you want, we built it, so only we can make judge logic”, he will go telling his friends how rude I was and even if the room is really good, it wouldn’t matter anymore neither for him nor for his friends. I don’t think low of you, I just think there’s a thing or two you need to improve.

PS: Now I get why the world sees russians and ukrainians as brutal, we don’t whine because our life is hard from the young age.

PPS: I can whine too, but not in front of the customers.

Ive read thru @midnightone post. I find the response unwarrented in his defence. Point being made as far as I understand it is the 2 week wait for reply. Not good how ever you look at it if its true. Just saying. There was no personal attack in original @midnightone post. Apart from J am I missing something. I see again some unnessary replies. ImO

@MidnightOne I have no fucking idea what business you are running, something to do with scary rooms.?..

but let’s say you expand rapidly & have your scary room business setup in Australia, then one of your clients complains that they don’t like this room because the door doesn’t open properly & that people couldn’t escape when they got scared, what would you do?

1. Fly to Australia yourself to fix the door?
  2. Ship the entire room back to your country to fix it?
  3. Ask if the person who found the problem would be willing to fix it?
  4. Find someone in Australia to fix it?
  5. Close your business in Australia?
1 Like

@Dedbny i can’t help myself mate… maybe one day ill learn. It will probably be when i am a massive corporation, i won’t be on this forum at all replying to my critics, the irony is then people will complain that there is no “personal touch” from enertion anymore…

the truth is people will always complain about shit…

1 Like

Exactly. The only thing you can do is choose how you react. And if you react the right way, they’ll stop.

Alright, those “some day you’ll understand” statements parents tell their children are true, you know. Best peace of advice: When you think someone picks at you, first calm down, and then analyze the situation. But hey, you’re in charge of your life, why listen to people? Make your own mistakes.

that is how one learns, is it not?

so how do you fix the door?

@Onloop I will always defend you or others if I think the comments are fair and to the point. I just dont think these threads to start with should be on here. Every customer needs to deal with their issues directly with seller and just agnst to them if need be. Not here.

1 Like

Apply safe. Step away from the weapon…

But seriously, emotion is fueling this discussion now and I made the same mistake a couple weeks back.

Everyone take a deep breath.

The blokes with the motor issue have waited in anticipation for months. Enertion hasn’t slept for weeks. It’s a recipe for disaster.

4 Likes

Whoah, this thread went crazy… Chill out folks.

But in all honesty how in the world am i supposed to isolate these cables with shrink tube properly without getting the stator off? Genuinely curious because I cannot see how in the world that would happen when the metal casing is in the way. I have already separated the two metal parts so the stator is exposed. @onloop (or someone else), care to explain?

This is true and also what I thought, but almost three weeks and no response I felt like I had to do something more to get some attention.

1. cut off the shrink tube the goes around the three wires
  2. then push the 3 phase wires back through the hole that they exit from, do it one at a time.
  3. then you can unravel the wire & insulate the excess amount.
  4. you might also decide to fix the wires in place with some epoxy to prevent movement.

this should resolve the issue & everything will work perfectly again.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/2X/0/052aaefc4bcb374fd0df64f9343fae574983f656_1_375x500.JPG

I will happily compensate for your time & materials.

Otherwise, we will arrange to send it to someone closer to you who can do this for you.

Alternatively sending back to Australia is an option but probably the last resort.

5 Likes

It is not a problem with all motors, we sell hundreds of R-SPEC motors and there have probably been about 20 reports of this issue, the factory has been notified about the problem and it has been rectified in all the latest batches.

The issue is related to an excess of phase wire that has been wrapped inside the motor can, these wires rub together & the polyurethane insulation wears down, if this occurs and two opposing strands of phase wire short together it causes the motor to heat & potentially lock the motor up similar to applying the brakes during normal riding.

If anyone believes they have loose wires they should email [email protected] for further instructions.

3 Likes

I disagree, i think all product issues should be dealt with in the public forum, i don’t think it helps the community to hide behind closed doors and deal with issues secretly. We are all in this together.

discussing problems & solutions publicly helps the community constantly evolve.

NOTE: if the matter is not about a product, say its a billing issue or something else it’s probably better if it’s private.

4 Likes

Many people/companies would choose to hide any issues away from the public eye. This takes serious belief in your product that you obviously stand behind. This instils real confidence in you and Enertion for me. Mad respect for all this brother. Cant wait for my Raptor, n I know lots of my friend’s will want one when they see it :slight_smile: One love

1 Like

Had the same problem (RSpec from order #2653, end of March), the fix took me ~30 min, two wires had some strands broken, I left them as they were, shrink-wrapped everything and it doesn’t fail vesc motor detection anymore!

I was a bit worried of breaking the motor (pulling the stator out from the magnet requires some force :smiley: ) but everything went ok and at the end the whole operation was not a big deal, at least I looked into a motor and learned something new ^^ but I imagine that for some people it can be tricky to do it… you have to desolder and resolder the connectors, reposition the wires as they were before, put the shrink tube that hold the three wires together correctly (needs to go inside a little bit so that when you shrink it the wires won’t move independently anymore) etc…

before:

after:

6 Likes

Seems simple enough. If u have the tools… Which I guess if you’re into DIY you’re gonna need at some point anyhow.