R spec raptor drive kit 2.1 With 12S battery

Can you give a review when you get a chance or you @epss4, I have a nephew trying to decide between Hummie’s or these for Christmas

1 Like

for sure @Esk88 no problem , but just feeling the r spec kit in my hand and testing it quickly with the unity , MAN i can tell you this kit is the way to go if you want to be safe and go fast . Really amazing build quality , i never seen that quality in electric skateboard that for sure ! That being said , they cost a lot !Way more than hummies i think ! but with the bundle with the unity at 200$ , i think its totally worth it , like someone once said, it better to pay more than less, if you pay too much you will loose a little bit of money , no big deal but if you pay less and you are not happy with your kit , well you loose all your money… i will make review with 10s5p battery and after that review with 12s4p ! just need to wait because ther eis a lot of snow here, in montreal!

1 Like

Hummies hubs are probably better made, but enertion hubs are big as fuck and have more urathane options

1 Like

why do you think they are better made?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hummies hubs are handwinded and not made by machines also hummies hubs are now 600$

1 Like

i dont want to start a debate here because i never try hummies, ! :stuck_out_tongue: , but error is human ! Lot more chance to get default when its hand made than machine made ! The hub motor from enertion are laser weld …nothing you do with your hand can reach that quality and precision … That being said , its true hummies hub look well made and they look strong !

That’s not true when workers aren’t paying (depends on skill level) attention it also seems hummie uses thicker copper strands

Hummies are certainly the superior hub motor if youre talking about durability, and very likely thermals as well. I havnt seen more than a handful of complaints about them being hot

2 Likes

Also enertion hubs have been known to have too soft urathane

I’m saying bad things about enertion hubs even though I have them XD😂

2 Likes

haha well let hope they really have fix those urethane problem :wink: ! i wasn’t going to get enertion kit but after all the video they put on youtube showing why they had problem and what they did to fix them , they have gain my trust :slight_smile:

The urathane is fixed. Also raptor2 hubs used to lock up at 29mph

Isn’t speed in theory also dependent on the max RPM of the speed controller? I don’t understand this part.

But that’s something you can’t change so not really dependant on that, most ESC are safe till 60,000 erpm but foxbox have been known to be reliable at a higher erpm.

I haven’t seen any windings like the hummies before that look that good and thick. No clue if the thickness helps.

That’s not what she said.

Okido, thanks!

Motor KV and battery voltage determine erpm.

Apparently ESC capabilities also. But most eskate ESCs have the same settings it seems.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?973508-What-happens-when-you-hit-an-ESC-s-RPM-limit

For a nephew I prefer R2 mostly for the customer service, I’m not saying hummies are bad, absolutely not. Just I didn’t try them. But I know how Barajabali and the CS team from enertion is caring their customers, just awesome!!

1 Like

So if understand 12S will get more heat than 10S in general ?

Not 100% sure but it should be the same or less heat on 12S if you’re running the same Amps. I assume you’re talking about the drive kit and not the battery/esc.