Question about reverse mounting motors

I know the 5045 would fit but I got the 5065 because they had more power. I was also thinking of getting 12mm belts if it would make it work.

1 Like

You could shave down the insides of your wheels to gain an extra 15mm or so but I’ve never tried and I could ruin the wheels

I do not have a lathe so that would not be someone I’m willing to try out.

1 Like

You can run diagonal set up, one motor on front truck, the second one on the rear truck :slight_smile:

I had thought about it but unsure of it

They’ll fit perfectly on these. https://psychotiller.com/product/surfrodz-tkp-trucks-with-thick-custom-quick66-mounts

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer @psychotiller but they are are a little out f my range and I would want an rkp truck. I will probably look to you for an enclosure though.

Like this one? haha

https://psychotiller.com/product/surfrodz-177mm-rkp-trucks-with-dual-quick-66-mounts

1 Like

I have done the same thing and now thinking of mounting both the motors in opposite direction on same truck(back)

Sumbitch you have an answer for everything. I must say no as I am trying to stick to my budget so I can get more boards in for my custom boards.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong reverse mounting the motor. I’m guessing we decide motors inside the board was better probably because it protected them. I had to do reverse cause I ran out of room because of battery pack and ESC.

1 Like

It’s not so much the width of the belt that causes the problem but the width of the wheel pulley.

The pulleys are a 36T 12mm

You just gained 6mm for dual motors which bring you to a total of 10mm between motors. There are 20mm difference between 5045s and 5065. Running a dual 5065s side by side is not possible.

So I’ll have to run one reversed out the backand the other under the board.

1 Like

Or you could get TB 218mm trucks

That was discussed earlier in the thread

Oh sorry I didn’t know

You have more pictures of your build

Sorry for the derail 1 time