Push to start switch [OUT NOW!]

Lol, well I ended up just buying it anyway haha. If I put a loop key right before this, going from the battery, like it shows in the schematics, would that solve that issue?

It would be a redundancy, I don’t know enough about the topic to say if having an anti spark key levitates the potential for an antispark to pop

2 Likes

You don’t need a loop key if you have this. That’s what this alleviates. :wink:

Just as @Jc06505n said. Redundant.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not sure if you need to modify the PCB of @JTAG DieBieBMS, you would need the newest firmware I would assume if you bought it before it had this feature. Not sure 100% though…

Pretty much any ESC with integrated switch has the pottential to have this feature implemented as long as the MCU on the ESC is connected/has the ability to control the switch.

I do recommend having a loop key somewhere on your board in every case, maybe hidden somewhere so that you can leave it in without it being eye catching in a bad way and just have it there for safety. I have tested this switch with high capacitive loads and I strongly believe it is not going to fail like some of the simpler switches that just use the precharge RC circuit as in the original vedder/fechter schematic. Most cases of switches failing is not while they are fully on but when they are changing states especially from OFF to ON because of the inrush current that is going through the switch while the capacitors are charging. The microcontroller has much more predictable operation. I have not announced this yet but since the last batch of the regular switches they were also been using microcontrollers to make sure they are as reliable as they can be. :slight_smile:

Martin

5 Likes

DIYeboard ESC also has the same feature

1 Like

Hi. I got the switch. But it doesn’t work. This part produces a lot of heat. KakaoTalk_Photo_2018-09-06-01-29-40 Can you help me?

Hi @Hanok,

Can you please PM me what the switch is doing or if it works? As well as a picture of the PCB so I can see better.

Some pushbuttons are configured internally to power the LED from just the two wires as you have it connected, the part you are pointing to is a voltage regulator for the MCU and it is not designed for it.

Dont worry, I will sort this out for you.

Martin.

1 Like

My switch works, however I did notice having trouble turning it off “manually” a bit of a challange. “Hit and miss”

Must be sensitivity to the phase wires or faint signals from the ppm remote that are sent to the Focbox

I over came this by installing another switch To cut the connection phase wires to the anti spark.

Other than that, it seems to be working ok.

LED connected. The battery is connected and does not operate at all when the switch is pressed. The momentary switch is being used.

KakaoTalk_Photo_2018-09-06-02-05-12

Aha I see,

I will replace the unit for free for you. I test all of them before they are packaged but maybe something happened during shipping or whatever. I found your order so I have your address. I will PM you the details.

3 Likes

Thanks.:울프:

It appears the switch on option is “only” via the phase wires. Because I can’t power by switch either. I can only turn the anti-spark on by spinning the motor.

Is that how the switch intends to work?

1. Only on via phase wires
  2. Auto-off (time based)
  3. Manual off (switch)

Yes the switch turns on when you push on your board which spins the motor and turns the system ON.

Thought so… because I had a wtf moment when trying to “only” use the push switch. It wouldn’t power. Until I installed the phase wires.

Maybe you should include that as a revised version. :man_shrugging:t4:

Thank you for the recommendation, it is one of the improvements on the list for the next batch :smiley:

1 Like

Perfect ! I would like to have one as soon as . :smiley:

Anyones else switch never turns off…?

Hi @Komamtb,

Can you please PM me pictures of the switch and connections? What you are describing sounds like there is not a good connection somewhere which triggers the MCU.

Martin.

Just received my switch from @Martinsp! Was well packaged and looks great. Will test very soon. IMG_20180910_115248

2 Likes