Push to start switch [OUT NOW!]

Good progress, not sure how your last post got so little notice. Looking forward to this personally.

1 Like

Looks cool!!! Good job!!!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am very excited to finally announce to you that the push to start switch is available for order now! with a launching sale! Get yourself one here If you want to you can choose to buy one with or without the pushbutton. There was a small change, now you will not need to solder bridge the pads to change modes, I put a sliding switch there to make it easier and quicker. :slight_smile:

Be sure to scroll down and check out the detailed instructions on how to do everything with the switch from start to finish! Hope that the instructions cover all of your questions, if not let me know! :slight_smile:

I have been riding with this final version of the switch in the timer mode for the last week and a few days and I have to tell you it is AWESOME! I may be a little bias but I dont have to worry about forgetting the board turned ON since I store it in the garage, I would not notice. Now I just leave it there and it takes care of itself.

And lastly, I want to thank everyone for the suggestions on improvements, I would not be able to get to this point without you. And also, thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:

Martin.

18 Likes

Nice work👍 Just ordered two. Can’t wait to test them out!

One thing you maybe want to add on your website. In the description mentioned that it works as anti spark as well. Good to know for people who not familiar with it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the order and also for your recommendation, I will to that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks promising, reasonable price as well, will order one when I stop beeing lazy and finnish my stealth build :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Hi @Martinsp

Do you think this push to start switch can be used with dual fesc 6.6 aluminum case? I want to by pass on and off switchIMG_20180725_192832

1 Like

What is the auto-poweroff time set at? At least an hour?

1 Like

@b.sk8 Yes it can be used with it, you will just either have to leave the pushbuttons on the ESCs in ON position or just bypass them internally. Either way works.

@b264 The auto off is user adjustable from 5 to 45 minutes. I wanted to go higher a little on the upper limit but since the potentiometer has only 200° I think it was so increasing the range would make it harder to choose the desired time with some reasonable precision

3 Likes

@Martinsp I take your word for it and ordered one. This is a push button so, I am not sure how to leave it at ON. Is one switch enough to operate dual Fesc?

The push button on the fsesc is latching which means that it stays in position after you press it like a light switch would but on the push to start switch the pushbutton is momentary so it returns to default position after being pressed like a door bell switch for example

Yes one is enough you can split the output between them

Ordered two of these and two of the older ones, can’t wait to try it out

1 Like

IMG_20180814_120159IMG_20180814_120128

2 Likes

@Komamtb That looks very clean, I like it!

BTW, I have the same Fiio X1. Do you also find it as if the sliding wheel sometimes missed a step? Maybe I just have it worn out or something

Yes it does, but the new FW helped a bit. Fiio do know the issue with some of the x1 devices.

1 Like

Aha, thank you I had no idea there was a new FW… I may get around to asking them one of these days, I learned to live with it probably though :smiley:

Just a heads up, the switches are available for backorder! :slight_smile: They will ship out on Wednesday, just a few days to go! Get yours here You can choose one with or without the pushbutton. Modes are user changeable, I have been asked if it is possible a lot, so yes it is! :slight_smile:

Martin.

3 Likes

I’m really considering getting one of these, but I also will be using a DieBieBMS, which I think has this ‘push to start’ feature also, though I think it requires modifying the PCB or some of the boards components. So would this be easier to use if I wanted that feature? I don’t care about the cost, just want the feature with the most reliability and easiest to implement. Thoughts? :smile:

As of right now at least 3 stand alone products have the potential to execute the list to start feature ( This antispark, your BMS , and the Unity. It seems this, for now, is the easiest as it requires you to just solder the connection to a phase wire. The only hang up would be for if/when the antispark dies

1 Like