Push to start switch [OUT NOW!]

U find smart words for EVERYTHING…

2 Likes

Hold your tits there buddy.

You want me to read the instructions for you?

Because that is what I would need to do to answer your questions.

5 Likes

Sorry i was stressed. Thanks.

The settings I did was correct. Now it works… not shure why. I removed the shrink… I ll give it some more tries and see how stable it is now.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

so finally after over a month of no stock, its here. I have switches (Regular switches as well) in stock.

Here they are!

There is a lot of changes done in this version (V7)! First of all and probably the most usefull of them is that the threshold at which the switch turns on is now adjustable by the end user. This is important because the old switch worked for most builds but if you were using some other ESC than VESC it was a bit of a hit or miss as well if you were using too high or too low kv the threshold was too sensitive which resulted int the switch turning on when it should no etc. Plus now the switch works for e-bikes, e-scooters etc as well if that is your thing :slight_smile:

Second change is that the timer potentiometer is now larger and easier to adjust without shorting things out, an oversight/issue on the first versions because of the lack of space. Also the sliding switch for mode selections is now more robust as well.

Finally, the push button can now turn on and off the switch at any mode not only at “pushbutton mode” which is now called “timer disabled mode” for a lack of a better name :smiley:

I could go on and on but these were the most important news. Oh and we now have the nicer pushbuttons with power logo in stock!

We have also moved to a new site because we have had too many things to change on the old website so it made sense to make a new one since I wanted to change the name anyway. Of course all of our “old” products and services are still available as before and there is plenty more to come. The new website is www.SPRUSI.com and it should be all set up ready to go. Please if you encounter any issues let me know so I can resolve them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t seem to reach the website. (timed out connection) Are we crashing your servers with too much traffic already?

For me it’s working. I like the test item :sweat_smile: need to order one !

1 Like

I have checked and it works for me, even with VPN :confused:

@ Oh sh** I forgot to delete that! :smiley: thanks

2 Likes

And it works again… no idea

1 Like

Hey dude would you mind replying to my pm now then? :slight_smile:

Thought I was all caught up with replies, sorry. Im on it

1 Like

Looks like my order shipped. I noticed it says “Carrier International post (tracked)” but doesn’t give a tracking number. How are we supposed to track it @Martinsp? Thanks again.

Hi,

thank you for letting me know. Seems like the “shipped” which means that the order is packed and a pickup is scheduled got to the customer but the message I sent separately once I received tracking did not go through. I just fixed it so I will resend the messages.

Thank you again, Martin. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, not sure why the other thread about power consumption when the switch (any antispark) is OFF was closed but here are the measurements I promised Just a quick measurement nothing fancy. The input voltage was 56V and the current consumption was 2mA which is 0.112W. I consider this pretty low, example: 10S 10Ah battery (420Wh) would be drained in 3750 hours which is around 156 days so almost half a year of the battery sitting. You may consider this somewhat quick, the reason why I personally dont think so is that I can not imagine having a complete board (battery, switch and something on the output VESC etc…) sitting for half a year without me taking a look at what state of charge it is at least once or twice in the 5 months. IMG_20190223_121058 IMG_20190223_121136

3 Likes

Hey @Martinsp is this also the same for the regular anti spark switch without the push to start?

2 Likes

Yes I have just added a link to it in the thread for the regular AS switch

1 Like

I can definitely envision that scenario if you made a new cooler board and you have like 5 boards and you just haven’t grabbed that one in a long time when you grab a board to ride.

It’s probably more common than you think.

1 Like

Would you mind checking my pm again? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to help the do your tests!

I have 2 comments on this.

• A 420wh battery at full charge will indeed take 156 days to drain from 100% to 0, which is completely acceptable imho. (However, i think the wh of a battery is calculated by its nominal voltage, not its max voltage, making a 10s10ah battery either 360wh or 370wh depending if its a liion or lipo, but im just nitpicking).

• A note on the website to indicate this drain would be useful to those who are unaware. I could see the possibility of someone using your switch on a smaller battery pack, say a 7s6ah, and leaving it at 60% charge. That’ll drain to 0 in a month.

Also, just wondering if there was any way to get the passive power consumption even lower to that of a Unity (9uA)?

3 Likes

Hi @Martinsp, I have some problems getting my "push to start anti spark switch with pushbutton" to work and probably need some help. So far I connected everything including the 2 phase sensing wires to the motor leads. I am able to complete step 3.1 of the instructions successfully (potentiometer in end position, setup LED is ON) :grinning:.

Then I plug in my VESC, your LED switch and the battery. VESC turns ON and also the green setup status LED is ON. But then, no matter how far I turn the poti clockwise, the VESC does never turn off as described in the manual :confused:. When I use a voltmeter instead of the VESC to check (sensing wires still connected to two motor leads) I am able to tune to the setting point where the voltage drops down to 0 Volt (switch OFF) and if I turn the wheel, the voltage goes back to battery voltage (switch ON). Then I push the LED button until the green LED starts to blink to finish calibration :thinking:.

Now the problem is still, that as soon as I plug in the VESC (instead of the voltmeter) and connect the battery, the VESC immediately powers on (at least the blue LED on my VESC is on) but I am no longer able to turn the VESC OFF with the LED switch - it just stays on and does not go off (the switch LED is also on, all the time). Furthermore there is no power throughput - the blue power LED of the VESC is still on, but even if I pull the gas pedal, the motor does not turn, only a quiet whining sound. Just to mention, when I plug in the battery directly to the VESC everything works fine.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation, I just wanted to be as precise as possible :sunglasses:.

Gently turn the screwdriver clockwise to increase the time, counter-clockwise to decrease the time :slight_smile: