Pulleys for ABEC11 Flywheels and Kegel Orangatang

Thanks @Idea, took about a week and half to arrive to Los Angeles. Took the pulley for 2 mile test ride and it feels fine.This is the 36t flywheel pulley in orange ABS+

5 Likes

@NAT-Frank which wheels are you using? Has the pulley been redesigned so that it now fits the flywheels AND (most of) the clones?

I’m using the Evolve GT street wheels. The new 2.0 flywheel version looks like it will fit any flywyand clone.

1 Like

Hi @Idea

I want to build a single drive eboard and I have one question. Isn’t it better to use a wider pulley to have as much gripping surface as possible but keeping the motor pulley the same width as the belt (12mm)? Or will that cause fitting problems with the motormount?

Depending on what width you advise me I would like to get a quote for: 1 orange pulley 36t including the retainer and bolts for Orangatang wheels shipping to the netherlands.

Thanks a lot

ps: In case the info is needed, I have caliber 2 trucks

15mm wide belt is recommended for a single drive.

If using a 15mm Belt,…Usually the Motor pulley Has the Flanges and is slightly wider (16-17mm between flanges)

Having a Wheel Pulley at least as Wide (17mm) is recommended, this way the belt can move side to side between Motor flanges and allways stay on wheel pulley.

Oh really? Where would i get a 16mm pulley? Everyone seems to be riding single drives on ‘just’ 12mm belts.

I get that wider belts means stronger belt overall, but it also causes more resistance in molding/folding the belt around the pulleys, right?

Thanks

dont worry about resistance .

onlinebelting.com has pulleys

1 Like

Okay that’s good to hear. I don’t really think it is that much of difference between a 12 and 15 mm belt in resistance either. Picked that claim up somewhere which sounded somewhat reasonable at the time.

Onlinebelting.com seems like a great site, but I don’t have the right tools to get the alignment correct for the wheelpulley. Thanks for helping though!

you should turn that mount and the motor pulley around. You are putting unnecessary forces on the motor shaft.

1 Like

Hi I was wondering if the 3D printed wheel drive will fit the belt in the image

Also the belt is 15 mm wide. How much would this cost to ship to the US if it does fit the belt? Thanks!

Nope, sorry. That’s a 3M belt. You need HT 5 belts.

@sdcosta Your belt it HTD3M. Pulleys made on a 3D printer are only for HTD5M.

bummer cool designs though!!

Hello. I want to put Orangatang Kegel 80mm on a BoostedBoard V1. Is this the correct adapter?

Also I want to ask you if there anyway to put the 97mm flywheels on the BoostedBoard V1.

Thank you very much in advance.

I would like this for my v2 dual+ woth 97mm flywheels please.

@Bookuboosted What size: 36t, 40t, 44t or 48t?

Really cool work, but did you know that some f*cking chinese didnt even take their own pictures when selling copies of your stuff??

@m4rc3l Thank you for the screenshot

In China there is no such thing as copyright :rage:

Would it be possible to order a 36t pulley with 97mm abec 11s to work with my evolve GT board, with whichever belt would work with it. Would this work or can it not Be done.