Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

one last question, i have an Evo i want to use this on problem is this is really wide 102mm wide and i dont think the evo is that wide and id probably have it sticking out of the sides i just cant picture how much it will stick out.

1 Like

This is probably a bad idea but Iā€™ll throw it out there anyway. Since the Evo has a steep drop in the front under side, maybe you could mount it thereā€¦? We likely wonā€™t be looking at it while riding, well, quick glances at least, but youā€™d still be able to utilize the touch screen and all itā€™s features. Just couldnā€™t see the speed as your riding. Lol, less than optimal, but itā€™s a thought.

I want a fancy way of checking my battery levels while I ride.

Wouldnā€™t a remote or at the very least a watch be adequate for that? Sounds like a bad idea to draw your attention away from the road to look at a display done at you.

Thatā€™s why for me Iā€™m mounting it behind me and using it to change modes and store telemetry while i let other tools (like a remote or watch) give me quick data

1 Like

Deadline for preorder? Iā€™m indecisive as hell. (And broke atm)

1 Like

I ordered one but just measured my deck and its 90mm wide and this device is 101mm wide so Iā€™ll have quite a bit of overhang. Not sure if I can trim the extra of if itā€™s too much.

@Andy87 A spacer in this case would solve the problem, I can help you with that. @Skunk Iā€™m performing some final testings on my prototype right now, once everything is done I will submit a batch order to the fab. I donā€™t know exactly when that will be, but my guess is sometime this week. @Battosaii The controller case can be trimmed down, I will try to reduce its size today. The actual circuit board is only about 87mm.

4 Likes

Fā€¦ i did the same, i ordered the proton , what the trick to set tup the proton on the Evo ?

He says it right there we should be okay.

@FredXanadu I cropped the sides of the enclosure, it is now around 92-93mm. 52%20AM

2 Likes

Anyone know if this will this fit on Hummies deck?

@uigiroux What are the dimensions of that deck?

Would the screen be centered though if it was modified this way?

Not sure off handā€¦ Canā€™t really check atm, was hoping someone knewā€¦

Yes I will try to center the screen.

2 Likes

Still missing 3mmsā€¦ :frowning:

Still not done yet :grinning: I will get there.

1 Like

The device looks cool, but because I am (and I suspect many other leisure-time-engineers on here are too) quite OCD in dispositionā€¦ a screen off center just looks wrong.

I understand, having read your earlier posts, why it turned out this way, but whilst Iā€™d have a device this useful on my board, it would bug the hell out of me if asymmetrical.

Just my two cents

2 Likes

@Toughook Rest assured it will be centered and symmetrical. Those rendering are using an older version of the display. I will update the renderings today. New one HTB1KTByB2iSBuNkSnhJq6zDcpXaN

3 Likes

Something else to add to my first build!!! Man this forum is getting expensive !!! :blush:

2 Likes

Cool ! Glad youā€™re changing it, youā€™ll sell loads more I reckon, and I might well be one of themā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like