Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

There is an alternative 3.2 inch lcd with the same pixel resolution of 320x240, however I don’t think if it’s worth the change. HTB1H37hQFXXXXcJXFXXq6xXFXXXA

I see that this can work with a single or dual VESC, but what if you’re running 4WD?

You can have them connected on CAN bus, and plug the masters to the controller.

2 Likes

I rearranged the USB ports to make the design slimmer.

10%20PM

New Design. 04%20PM

Old Design 14%20PM

9 Likes

Looks great! What kind of cable would be used to connect this to the UART ports on the vescs? Just two JST cables?

Love this! Were you able to get a production estimate?

@kylem21 Yes regular JST cables as usual. @uigiroux Almost there, I will post an estimate using different batch quantities.

6 Likes

Lol, just dying to learn more about this! Just love the idea so much! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow, this look so great! Cant wait to get one of this!

Jumping late here, very exciting news !

1 Like

Very cool.
So it’s using the truck hardware for mounting it looks like. Any thoughts on making a spacer or mounting bracket for decks mounted drop through? And how that might affect the wire placement? Also I’m guessing it’s safe to assume the case is being made strong since the hardware for the skateboard trucks needs to be torqued down fairly hard.

I was wondering about this too. For regular mounting, I was wondering if the top side screws could be the type that are hollow and allow for another screw to screw into the top of that screw. So you would mount your trucks like normal, then just screw over the top of that the Proton, and they’d attach into the trucks screws.

Like this, but with the proper types of screws, not these.

Screenshot_20180810-072518_Chrome

Though a special type of mounting plate for drop through style trucks would also be very useful too. One thing that worries me that Hummie said about the decks, is that the tips of the ends of the board often split open when they hit something. So I was wondering if a bash guard for the fronts of these could be made which also acts as a mounting plate for the top of the board.

@Skunk Drop through decks should be no different, if not favorable. Because you can insert the wiring through the deck without the need to drill. A tunnel riser might be needed, something similar to this https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/official-riptide-sports-custom-esk8-tunnel-riser-group-buy-last-chance-at-discounted-price/57359.

In regards to the case hardware, a washer can be used to spread the force, it should work fairly well.

@uigiroux That should also work.

1 Like

Do you have estimates on price yet please???

I submitted the design and I’m waiting for the quotes.

2 Likes

Damn dude. You’ve asked this a million times already in this thread. Do you not think @Wajdi will release a price once he has one?

10 Likes

Classic shit from him hahaha

1 Like

Gorgeous idea !! I missed a lot here, just seeing your pics before ! This is crazy good work, thanks for us :blush: Tracking mode on :smile:

2 Likes

The top of the deck would not be flat when mounted on a drop through. (Unless you’re not mounting drop) you would be mounting it directly to the trucks baseplate and any overhang would have a gap between display and deck.

1 Like

This was my thinking too. It seems for a drop through deck setup you’d need some sort of plate that would fit around the top of the trucks that are above the deck so that the Proton could be mounted on a flat surface. Otherwise, as you said, there would be a gap between the module and the deck since it’d be raised up from the drop through trucks.