Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

Wow, you’re killin it with these products you’re designing. I can’t wait to get one of these! Won’t ever have to hook my board up to a computer. Instantly being able to change settings so easily… Love it! :heart_eyes:

Any updates? Im excited about having a instrument cluster on my board.

1 Like

A quick update, a couple images of the 3.2 inch touch display inside the enclosure. Silver filament is what I have left for the moment, I will be printing black on Wednesday :slightly_smiling_face:

I will be posting an in-depth showcase tomorrow showing it in action!

• Touch commands are all set
  • Real time graphs and data are implemented
  • Support for latest Vesc FW 3.40 is done.
  • Dual UART port for dual setup or to forward Photon receiver/Bluetooth modules

IMG_1403 IMG_1404 IMG_1406

7 Likes

That looks awesome.

Edit: I wonder if the display mounted flat would cause glare.

I will share the display enclosure once finished, it can be adjusted easily to be tilted or modified to any shape/design.

1 Like

I spent a significant time yesterday finishing up the software design and calibrating most of the touch screen commands, I also printed the case to test the fitting, and it was near perfect.

IMG_1444 IMG_1446 IMG_1450 IMG_1451 USB chargers are not yet fitted in this picture. IMG_1455 IMG_1456 PNG

9 Likes

Daaaaaaamn thats so nice looks increabible. Do you expect shipping sometime next month?

1 Like

Yes it should be well ready by next month, going to finalize everything this weekend and start production afterwards. I’m also making a small demo video.

2 Likes

Any updates my board is now done and this is the last piece lol.

1 Like

hello @Wajdi, for the V2, why not implant a charging port on the proton ? Maybe instead of 2 Usb port, we can have 1 usb and 1 charging port. What do you think ?

Adding a charge port would be easy but I wouldn’t want a charge port on top of my deck.

1 Like

the new trend is, no hole on the enclosure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have button and charge port on the enclosure nothing else I think it’s pretty clean

Any update?

2 Likes

Any updates on the production? @Wajdi

I already started production, going to start delivering in about 3 weeks. Demo video is almost done, waiting for sunlight to finish recording.

1 Like

Update: quick demo video showcasing the Proton control panel as promised, enjoy :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Woah, I thought of this exact thing a few weeks ago! That’s what I love about this hobby, I have an idea and it turns out someone is already working on it. I definitely am interested in preordering.

1 Like

Looks good! How far out you think you are of implementing the endless ride?

I had endless ride implemented a while back. I will post a demo video of it sometime this week when I fix my board battery. Btw Black friday sale is live with 20% off :grinning:

4 Likes