Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

I do not have time to go through the thread as I am at work, but somewhere around post 1410 https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-wood-carbon-decks-group-buy-round-3-110-shipped-us/43245/1410 are the pics of the round 3 double cut outs. Further down hummie says it is 120mm across the truck mounts.

If its 120mm across the truck mounts then it should absolutely fit.

1 Like

Do you have any news about shipping for the pre-orders?

1 Like

Received a prototype board today, going to test it and I will be posting updates :+1:

IMG_1196

7 Likes

Looks really nice can’t wait to see it up an running.

Hello, What about the final size ? Do you think it’s gonna finally fit on an Evo deck ?.

Any updates on the final dimensions?

New%20Project(1)(1)(1)

@Wajdi, do you think is possible to trim the control panel even more, like this? In my case I have no use for the curvy case profile. My deck comes with narrow drop-thru front and rear ends so reducing excesive panel real state is a must.

1 Like

What would modifying the case like that actual do though? I can understand wanting to do that if it was something in your enclosure since that space is extremely limited, but if you’re just mounting this as intended, then changing the screw holes to be less curvy as you said, it looks like all that would change is purely aesthetic. :confused:

many of us plan to print our own enclosures for the Proton Cockpit.

Nice yet another reason yo buy a printer.

I just want something that will look nice on an Evo

2 Likes

Its at 94.4mm x 60mm right now. Thats with the bigger screen and centered design.

I will also share the enclosure stl files, so that anyone can work, print and modify it as they wish.

01%20PM

8 Likes

Nice, what’s the status on progress?

1 Like

No, I just eliminated some excess case curvy profile that is not neccesary to me. Drop-thru front ends are already smaller on most decks. That curvy profile is uneccesary if the only thing you need is the four holes to attach the thing. So, the smallest case footprint should be the size of the whole screen/circuit board. That should be the smallest size for the control panel. Excessive plastic case around interfere (overlaps) most deck’s front end profiles.

2 Likes

Right on, that makes sense. I imagine the best way for you to get the profile you want would be to print off a design of your own…

3 Likes

Yeah, thats seems to be the case, @Wajdi is providing the STL files so anyone could go and print their own personalized enclosure.

2 Likes

if the PCB is 87mm would it be possible to make a 90mm wide enclosure for Evo guys and other similar style decks?

1 Like

Been working on the UI and improving touch controls, will fit everything inside the casing soon.

IMG_1372 IMG_1373 IMG_1374

7 Likes

Nice, Any eta of a Timeline?

@Jc06505n I made some changes to the prototype PCB I received, and will be finishing v0.1 of the software by Wednesday. I will have the first batch manufacturing start in about 1 or 2 days.

2 Likes