Project kai/ diy dragon deck/ carvon dual hub motors trucks/ space battery/ dual vesc/ nunchuck

this board is so bad ass. I may have said that already, but it deserves repeating.

1 Like

Got bored waiting… took the board for a spin. As you can see in the pics the yellowing is pretty bad and doesn’t look nearly as good as the bottom. i will try the spray on grip next time.

3 Likes

Even with the yellowing, that is one sweeeeeet ride. Can’t wait to see the electronics and enclosure :smile:

1 Like

Had some time today so i installed my wood inserts to mount my psychotiller enclosure. It holds down the space cell really tight. I don’t think i need to attach the spacecell to the board because it holds it on very tight. I cant move it once i screw the enclosure down. I put a little tightbond3 on each insert so they hopefully stay snug.

I also shortened the deck. And refinished the edge.

4 Likes

And yes … my wiskey glass there needs a refill

1 Like

Coming together nice mate, cant wait to see the final product.

1 Like

Ohhhh jerry from carvon said my batch will be done tomorrow and it will have black anodized motor sleeves! All black ! No polished metal. Sweeet!

2 Likes

@kai that sounds awesome! Why aren’t more parts available in matte black?

I think matte black looks cool but … matte black paint cannot be polished. There isn’t really a good way to take care of it so i wouldn’t want it on anything i wanted to last. Painting a car matte black for example is very silly imo. So no matter how cool i think it looks i wouldn’t want it on anything i own. I used to run a small detail shop so I may just be biased a little but just my opinion.

@psychotiller 's box is loooking gooood on that sweet ass deck.

1 Like

forgot to mention…

more of his boxes and the hardware to mount them are available here:

http://longhairedboy.com/product-category/component-enclosures/

I checked out your site bro. Looks nice. I went with wood inserts instead of the t-nuts because i wanted the top of the board to look clean. I glued them in so hopefully they hold. It wouldn’t be a problem if i was going to use grip tape but because i went with clear permanent grip i didn’t want the t-nuts showing on the top of board. I also am running his 21 inch box because i wanted to fit 2 vesc’s and space cell. 21 inches is definitely needed.

1 Like

can you post a pic of that space cell crammed into that box with both VESCs? I’m interested in placement of things.

Well we will probably get our vesc at the same time but i can post a pic of the space that is left

This is the 21inch split enclosure by dave

3 Likes

Thanks! this is exactly the visual i was looking for. I needed to eyeball the space left in an unpacked space cell within a 21" length for my own purposes and this does the trick nicely.

1 Like

My hub motors will be here tues. But will have yellow wheels till next year when jerry gets more wheels in. Getting some black ones. Installed everything but my bullet connectors for my motors cause i have no idea what size are on the motors.

1 Like

The motors require 4mm connectors. Nice setup though! :+1:

2 Likes

Getting there! Can’t wait to see it complete. I like the yellow wheels, but not sure with your print on the board. When you get the black on there it’s all going to POP!

1 Like

That’s the size I got, 4mm.