Programmable Supply Power 60v 15A 35$

I meant this

Oh the DC jack. What do you use to terminate toā€¦ a DC plug as well right? Can you link it.

I use these specifically, I like them because I can insert the positive lead into the positive terminal, allowing for shortest distance wire to contact

1 Like

Wait what? Iā€™ve used very similar barrel ports to what @gogomrrobot is using at upto 10A load at 24V and they where fine, though when using a very similar DC Jack like that it got crazy hot at only 5A. Iā€™d recommend those screw terminals, but use male bannana plugs to put it in, donā€™t just screw a raw wire into it.

I got the male and female of these for 2$ go to your local electrical store if you need it fast and cheap :slight_smile:

I have a question. How do you charge to 14s if the drok max output is 50V? Can you by pass it in the software?

Nope you cantā€¦correct limited to 12S :slight_smile: I got ahead of myself actually. I ordered a new setup already.

It uses these 3 piecesā€¦

(I had this guy already from earlier this year)

Hooked up to this guyā€¦below to limit the amperage to 12Aā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LGTTRN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hooked up to this guy to boost the voltage up to 21S ?..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076TTBKFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Routed thru this sucker with a built-in shunt because I need a displayā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753G4SQ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I will mount some potentiometers to replace the little screws on the regulators so I can mount those like knobs on an electronics enclosure.

Will I likely blow up my house when I try to step down the amperage that much? Yes likely but theoretically it should work.

Donā€™t just plug wires into it? What kind of banana plugs? They would have to be teeny tiny rightā€¦ the opening to those screw terminals is very small.

Can you link any high current / high voltage DC jack male/females ? I feel like these tiny plugs and receptacles that say 5a-10a and 24V are going to blow something up. I want those thick ones. Should be worth the investment.

Thats some Doc from Back 2 the future stuff right there. Gonna power the flux capacitor with that!

Thanks for the detailed explanations @scepterr, @SilentException, @gogomrrobot. I think Iā€™m gonna go down the 12s bluetooth route!

Yeah the up to 12S (50V) bluetooth route is a one day project once I got everything from Amazon. Ohā€¦ and I used this Dremel metal cutting disc. Then painted the front and back black spray paint to hide my screw ups :wink:

Below is a picture of the plugs Iā€™m using with my DPS5015. The bannana male plugs are 4mm.

And regarding your post just before this, are you using 3 different converters in your charger?!?! That is incredibly inefficient, Iā€™m not sure why you donā€™t just use one or the other or use a higher voltage PSU. Oh and that 12V 75A PSU was kinda a scam, you can get used computer server PSUā€™s for under $20 that output nearly 70A I got these two for like $24.

1 Like

Two converters you mean. The last screen is just current voltmeter. It is for building a second box like what i just built.

Yeah i was trying to make up for a bad purchase by putting it to some use. Probably wonā€™t build a second box. Not sure :thinking: I want to go beyond 5A charging you know what i mean?

Charge a large battery in 20 mins would be really cool :sunglasses:

Do you have a build thread for the orange charger? At least some pics / stls?

Itā€™s just some DPS5015 enclosure I found on Thingiverse Iā€™m sure if you look it up on there itā€™ll show up. And all I did was wire the output of a 24V 20A PSU to the inputs if the module and put it all in the enclosure.

1 Like

Wait dude so your unit is 24v / 20 A PSU with a dps5015 step down converter. So the most you can charge is like aā€¦5S battery? You would served well by that step up converter i linked.

Yes itā€™s a 24V Power Supply but itā€™s only my lab bench PSU not for charging any batteries. My charger for my board uses another 24V PSU, cause it was from when my board was 6S, and a LED Driver step up to charge my 12S. The nice thing about the LED Driver is itā€™s a boost and a constant current module, though itā€™s only rated for about 250W and it gets quite hot even with a heatsink and fan.

1 Like

Never heard of a LED driver ā€“ admittedly I am noob to all this and just started dabbling in it 2 weeks ago ā€“ is that the same thing as a boost converter (or step-up voltage converter for that matter) ?

An LED Driver is just a module, usually boost, for driving high voltage LEDā€™S they usually also feature constant current as well.

In this context LED driver is usually a CC/CV PSU. High power LEDs also like to run on CC/CV (my flashlight hobbyā€¦)

Iā€™m fairly convinced that LED driver PSUs with adjustable voltage are more appropriate for bulk charging our big packs, but need to put this to the test.

1 Like

Yup.