Problems with vesc

looks like that you need to pull out whats inside and check if the metal is still fully attached sorta like a light bulb.

This is my setup

The battery turns on and the built in USB port still works which Leeds me to believe that the battery is intact

Ok that battery has a built in one of those so it kept it self safe. Its just the vesc.

Ok, pm is prob only better for this

@Muffe did you get everything figured out? If not I have a gif floating around here somewhere that shows how to update a VESC with the new tool and some tips on how to set it all up

Don’t give up so fast😜 I don’t think that you have a serious hardware problem. Just get a st-link and load the right firmware. A st-link is way much cheaper than to buy a new vesc

Its easy peasy, and the stlink clones on ebay are very cheap

2 Likes

I am still working on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah you’re probobly right.

ST-Link V2 Programming Unit Mini Metal H¨šlle STM8 STM32 Emulator Downloader https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01F37YMJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bXwABb3932E44

2,50€ on Amazon… :wink: Give it a try. Nothing to lose.

That seems like The best solution, is It very technical?

Never made. But theoretically no. Just hook up the right wires to your vesc, plug in the st link to your usb and flash your vesc via the vesc tool. If you search here in the forum, you should find some information. Or just ask in a new thread. There are a lot of people who already made it.

By the way, just ordered one for me to have one in case i‘ll need one day😅

When you get it, you’ll want to download the software from the st link website and then flash your VESC with the FW provided by the VESC tool.

1 Like

hey, I am back. I have been trying to flash a new bootloader with the st-link but I am having problems. Whenever I try to upload the bootloader I get the error ‘’ Readout protection is activated’’. Does anyone know what to do, I haven’t found anyone resolve this issue, can anyone help?

Maybe @Eboosted can help you

Okay, i’ll ask

Hello: I never heard of that message before when flashing the bootloader with a STLink, all I can see is that you wrote the incorrect firmware you should have written 4.12v instead of 48.

This has happened to me by mistake in the past and what you need to do is write the bootloader and firmware following the steps described the aforementioned post, check your VESC connections to STLink again and follow the steps slowly.

If you already have done that I strongly suggest you get a focbox, install it and move forward, don’t try to keep fixing the old one or you might get frustrated and leave the hobby forever, never experimenting such a rewarding feeling that is riding an electric sk8, just because a small piece of hardware failing on you.

Btw, if you ever repair the tb vesc you should never use it in Foc, I saw you were measuring L&R, stick to BLDC and you will have a working board for years.

1 Like

okay, Maybe the problem is that i have another st-link, i have the authentic one. This one https://no.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/st-link-v2/icd-programmer-for-stm8-stm32/dp/1892523