Predator Banshee Thread!

hey @Hummie

the old v1s are cooking at 13s just fine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

By the way I can be the test-frodo-guinea-piggy-right stuff-jump from-a-cliff-doritos-eating-south park-pilot for da witch-gator-blt-orangy-blade GT… don’t worry nobody is gonna blame ya. I’ll give good reviews to the fkr. Bitch stays for the taker, nah? :point_down:

I think you got to jump into the Bitcoin frenezy, or perhaps from a cliff (but before you do, send over the Witch baby, I tune her like a piano from hell).

will you just buy one already?

1 Like

…jaaaa…ja… I will, I will…

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

1 Like

Currently trying to explain to a someone that Samsung 30Q cells are not cheap to source in small quantities.

1 Like

My brain hurts.

Hey guys, I bought the cells at 45 cells for about 140 usd excluding shipping from nkon.

You guys can probably do the maths

1 Like

https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/23164658_130631204319752_1136186847437783040_n.jpg

@longhairedboy That’s thick… Did you measure the size of the pack (height x width x thickness in mm) ? how is this thing wired ? Is there air-room between cells?

You got my blood burning :japanese_ogre: Ha I’d bet one of your board you can at least halve down the thickness of this 13S6P with my modules but I can only bet back a pack of beers right now (November has been a bitch double sideways 2girls1youknowtherest version). I dare you! haha

Edit : I mean… that’s only 78 cells !

@evoheyax Joining the fray late ! If your 18650 cells in 12S4P can’t feed the power you want then you’re using the wrong cells. 12s4p LG HB2, assuming worst voltage sag when almost depleted : 12x3x35a x4 = 5040W. A 12s5p in same worst voltage sag, almost depleted, hits 6120W. I see no toy-like battery here, sure the range is shit compared to 30Q but it will run hard above VESC continuous abilities.

Just saying that it more than capable to run hard your motors (and thanks again for making the topic on hubs motors, I’ll post what I’m modding later on it once them micro oven are alive).

Edit ² : Not hijacking the thread, I look forward to see the boards running :wink:

Your correct in the sense that there are better cells to get the power i need. But the range will take way too much of a hit. At least with looks, I can get pretty the same range out of the same sized battery pack as a 30Q pack.

The 30Q in my case is not good enough. For dual drive it is ok (still not ideal), but defiantly not enough for quad, unless I do a 12s8p, which won’t ever fit inside a deck like I want it to.

1 Like

With some re soldering of cables and the like. Would it be very difficult to change over the original ESC to a VESC? Obviously it would prob void warranty. Just thinking in the future if I want to have more flexibility.

Actually, I had a 30q pack long before you were here… Still have a 29e pack too that is still rocking.

2 Likes

https://www.huboards.com/ Doing some research before I take the plunge and buy a Predator Banshee and I find the website above. Is this a total copy?? @PredatorBoards

uh oh… that does look like an exact clone

1 Like

Basically winboard (manufacturer) “violated” contract and started selling to a different clone company. Predator designed the board itself, Winboard took the design and sold off to another company.

1 Like

Yeah I was watching this. The predator banshee had been going around the YouTube testers, so I expected that this was just the next person. It took me half the video to realise it wasn’t the banshee but a clone.

In other words, Chinese manufacturers are chinese manufacturers. Good to know we’ve confirmed that.

4 Likes

Correct. 10char

2 Likes

I read somewhere that @PredatorBoards said that Winboard got around the law by changing some minute detail on how the deck is produces so it wouldnt be an exact replica. I believe @PredatorBoards has the superior deck manufacturing design.