Predator Banshee Thread!

I don’t wanna argue here, just believe in credit where it’s due. Talking about and trying to convince people to use are different concepts. Im just saying he was the first to argue that 30Q cells were as good as lipos and better than 25R cells…at least that’s how I remember it.

2 Likes

Sick board!!! How much clearance do you have left? What would you recommend as the minimum? I want to do a 10S8P with 35E cells for a stupid amount of range lol. 1008Wh total :imp:

Sorry for derailing your thread!

2 Likes

and I still dont understand why on “current control” i wont hit the amp limit setting at full throttle. i gave my understanding of how the vesc works which you seemed to agree with but then left it at that.
maybe the vesc only going to 95% duty cycle is my latest thought.

I dont want to derail the thread but youre talking about me again in a belittling manner. That will derail. just because I have motors made doesnt mean anything else.

It’s fine, I’ll just flash a dozen product pictures on here and hope for the best…

7 Likes

how bout some more muscley motor wires

1 Like

You want me to cover them with wire mesh? XD

i mean they look kinda thin. everyone is trying to make them small. they’re the most thermally conductive pathway to the hotest part of the motor. if they were a wire mesh…that might rock at dissipating the heat in the passing wind actually. or glue the mesh to the aluminum hanger

1 Like

Ahh, I get you. Definitely looking to beef them up to add a little more robustness to the drivetrain. That’s a lie. If I’m switching the wire, I might as well switch the entire thing to belt drive motors. :hugs:

1 Like

shhhhh… Your making me look bad shifts eyes to see if anyone is looking.

haha, of course it’s possible, but damn, is that a big enclosure. Too low to the ground for my taste.

But if it’s possible, you know @longhairedboy has done it. My question is where the heck do you find the time to build all of these boards for people? haha, love the work though. Mad respect.

What kind of cable clams are those that are on the motor wires going into the enclosure. What is the rating on those I like how it looks on the enclosure. Did you epoxy the thread part on the enclosure to the enclosure.

That’s an old Tronik sled with the original removable 13S6P battery pack. Its designed for use on offroad boards with 8" wheels, like the giant brushed DC boards. Jake put it on a generic ebay deck and we’re running focboxes and 190kv totally bitchins on there to test how the focboxes can handle 13S voltages on my motors. Testing has been wildly successful. He’s seeing speeds of around 41-42mph on a regular basis and so far we’ve only melted a couple of eswitches.

Which means we’re finally seeing the limits of my eswitches! FINALLY. But clearly not the limits of the FocBox. I’ve been told by several people who know wtf they’re talking about, including @blasto that shit shouldn’t be possible, or at least shouldn’t last very long. I think settings have everything to do with it. We don’t typically crank shit all the way up and then complain about blowing shit later. We use conservative settings and then press them more and more. This will tell us what we can get away with in production boards.

Where to put 78 cells is always a good question. @chaka says but them in the deck, and he has done so. I say put them in the box, and i have done so. Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in between. Pehaps we should do so. Thick deck, machined inset, heavy box designed for structural support, paired with large bolts and you get something like the evos i’m building for carvon… evolution indeed! The Evo’s enclosure will be able to hold a 12S6P and twin focboxes or a 12S4P with 4 focboxes, OR … you know… a 13S4P with twin focboxes.

I would never take something that clunky to production but we are constantly testing the limits of things, and we need these kinds of boards to see what’s possible.

on another note… just about my shop in general… I don’t sell shit i don’t use. If you buy it from my shop you’re getting it the way it goes into my boards, which is why i’m selling the FocBoxes with a $10 bullet mod now. I don’t use shitty phase leads all the way to the motor (thank you @hummie ). For 2 or 3 inches that’s fine but the leads on my boards are long and this 16awg shit is lame. I run 12 all the way to my totally bitchin stators.

2 Likes

Here’s another healthy slice of Mind Blown:

I do custom completes, instagram is full of them, but not all of them. Probably get an order for and ship one to two every month on average.

I do bamboo mods, the volume is constantly increasing, i have 5 orders in the queue right now and the boards haven’t even arrived yet. They all came in within a week of somebody posting terrible things about doing battery mods to your evolve and how it goes against the warranty and isn’t safe. Thanks evolve puppets! They’re like fucking angel investors i swear. Oh fuck there’s another one, my phone lit up.

I’m developing now and will be producing the Carvon Evos and Exos, things are looking really good on that. I think the boxes will be finalized just as the motors start arriving which means assembly testing is happening very very soon.

I have a full time day job too. And a 3 year old toddler, a 16year old son who’s amazing, and a wife i love to spend time with.

I simply don’t sleep regularly. I catch it when i can and work when i have the least distractions. My schedule is similar to that of a vampire’s. Ask Sololongboards sometime, Russ is in the UK and he’s producing some of the most amazing decks for Slick Revolution I’ve ever seen. But i’m up talking to him at 2am because he’s got some crazy secret sauce i need to know about regarding his machines and i need to be getting ready for work at 5:30am.

Chickens and eggs my freinds. Can’t do this full time till i make enough money to do it full time. Need to do it full time in order to make the money to do it full time.

Shredded chicken omelletes are awesome. So that’s what i’m making bitches. You just have to fucking do it. You can’t talk about it, then go to bed. YOu have to stay up and fucking do it.

That’s what i’m doing.

14 Likes

Hey @PredatorBoards if they are not custom then where do u guys get your boosted style remotes

We get them from Winboard.

Oh do they sell them on their site

@PredatorBoards

I think they might be selling it in ebay. So you’ll have to look around.

Ok 10 char

@PredatorBoards if you find any please pm me