Predator Banshee Thread!

In a 10s2p or 10s3p config, yes.

We can’t fit 13s6p into pretty much any board. The problem is you need large configs to get the power I need from them.

Also, your talking about a bike, where you can get a huge motor on that thing. Larger motor means you need less amps to get the same torque to some degree.

Look, @winboard-sally I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, I don’t like to bash anyone. I try not to do that, but your attitude was rude from the beginning with me.

I don’t just resell other peoples products. Everyone has to start from somewheres, and in this case, I need to make a buck to invest into my own products. How long have you been manufacturing boards anyways?

@PXSS Again, I don’t want to talk shit, just people don’t know the power you could get by having motors that can run at high amps, and batteries that can keep up too. 18650’s can’t do this in the configs that can fit on most electric skateboards (besides offroad boards). If you think they can, you haven’t felt the power of my board, sorry.

Im asking for you to slow down please. Many people here are far more experienced in esk8 design than most of the current players in the industry.

3 Likes

Where is the telemetry data of said board?

You guys barely seem to grasp the basics from an engineering standpoint. Hummie doesn’t even understand why when he goes to 100% throttle the ESC doesn’t pump 80A to his motor. I’m not sure either of you understands how and why a bms works the way it does.

I’m not a vendor. I’m not here to mislead anyone into buying anything from me. I’m an engineer that works with similar scale uavs for government entities for a living and love to tinker with this stuff for fun. I can admit when I’m out of my depth with things and learn from more educated people.

Gotta say I have seen @evoheyax e-skate equipment in competition and it’s impressive. SPD2 it qualified over 2 seconds quicker than any other board on thane. A degree in engineering doesn’t make an engineer. It’s a piece of paper. These guys up in NorCal are doing their thing, it’s working, I’m sure it is not a full time job for them but they are well respected by the community in what they do and have a decent handle on what works. Unfortunately it’s tough for upstart companies to get a foothold here on account there has been so much maypop junk coming from all directions.

3 Likes

The piece of paper isn’t worth anything. The 4 years of learning, practicing and expanding the skills required to build a mindset to understand how things work is worth a whole lot more than I could expect someone else to understand. Specially coupled with an engineering job that compliments said training.

2 Likes

We still have a lot to learn. Neither of us have degrees in engineering and neither us are claiming to. I am 2 classes away from finishing my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, so software is more my specialty. I do have to learn hardware to some degree, I’m even building my own single cycle cpu right now from the ground up (logical gate level) for one of my classes, and programming it from there.

John has told me he’s read physics books and thats where he learned a lot (though I don’t speak for him).

When it comes down to it, we have professional engineers double and triple check everything we do.

We constantly ask experts questions to understand systems better. I understand general physics (I did have to study this) along with digital electronics. I have many of the electronic foundations, and a general understand of how the VESC works (duty cycle, FOC). BMS, maybe slightly less with the BMS.

A lot of vesc settings are learned through trial and error. Eventually, you figure out what settings give the best results. Even other things. I understand why I get jolt

Motors are our specialty, and were not trying to reinvent the VESC or BMS at this time. The thing is, there’s many working on these components that we can work with to utilize their technology. We understand motors very well. The other pieces, we continue to understand better. It’s not we don’t understand a lot about the VESC, but who selling it actually understands everything? I bet you very few if any.

2 Likes

It’s just coming from a different angle. Hummie and evo build stuff as experiments, then make conclusions based on the results. Like scientists in the 1800s discovering magnetism or whatever invisible shit.

Engineers go to school to learn the basic fundamentals of what is really happening, but, if they don’t actually build the shit then they still think the real world looks like the simplified textbook versions, which is also kinda wrong.

There are a lot of interesting mechanical innovations happening in esk8 but electrically most devices are still mysterious boxes that amps go in and out of lol

4 Likes

I think it’s fantastic you have a specialized field that gives you the mindset, in your opinion, that people other than yourself don’t have the mindset to understand how a thing works. It’s also fantastic you use your title as a pulpit to stand to berate others who can’t possibly, in your mind, meet your standards of excellence. So here is an idea. With this specialized education and title you throw around in peoples faces that gives you supreme power to dictate to others here, what they are and how they stack up in the eyes of the elite educated an enriched supreme specialized engineers, as yourself, give me ONE thing you have engineered, that has been a major benefit or contribution you can claim or call your own to this community. Name it and I will concede. If ya can’t then stop thumping people’s chests with your title. Being an engineer can’t be taught, it’s a gift only a few have. The paper and all the education is great if you have the gift. This builders forum is full of people with the gift who Don’t have the paper.

3 Likes

When I came to these forums a year ago everyone was still using 25R cells. I kept telling people the cells sucked and kept on getting shut down. I explained repeatedly over and over to different people why 30Q cells were much better for the job and look at where we are now, even Enertion switched over to 30Qs after they caught on and possibly read a few of my posts about batteries :slight_smile:

I’m not going to reply to the rest of your post.

3 Likes

I[quote=“PXSS, post:129, topic:37829”] Enertion switched over to 30Qs after they caught on and possibly read a few of my posts about batteries :slight_smile: [/quote]

Don’t plesure yourself Enertion was planing to use 30Q on days one of the Raptor desing, but due to the cost they have to rethink there strategy at first.

Edit: It is also the same for most people the 30Q is more and more popular, becaus is price has significantly drop over the year. :man_shrugging:

And now everybody is waiting on the newer Samsung 30T! Imagine that, a VESC belt drive Banshee with a 10S2P Samsung 30T battery pack…

Or the big 20700 :wink: can’t wait to see how a 10s2p hold up against a old 10s3p of 25r

The 30T is 20700, silly! Mooch tested it to 3100mAh and a max discharge of 40a. Insane…

1 Like

13S6P

11 Likes

How am I not surprised

1 Like

Nobody even knew about ru.nkon a year ago. I’ve been getting cheap batteries through them for the past 3 years. A year ago I bought cells at $3.00 for 100 icluding shipping. Then I bought 70 for $3.30 shipped when I built a second battery and one for @mmaner. Then I spread the word to some and when the ball started rolling @thisguyhere did a groupbuy for $3.50 shipped. If anything the price has been going up at Nkon. Other places are still charging $5+ a cell.

Go into my activity log and scroll through posts in the January-March time frame. There is a lot of me convicing people to use 30Qs before Enertion announced they were moving over to 30Q. The Raptor 1 used 25Rs and the Raptor 2 more than likely would have also used 25Rs had it not been for the word spreading by @Okami and others.

You can see that people back then were saying I didnt know what I was talking about and that 25Rs were rated higher and all that jizz. It’s there in the logs. Show me where Enertion, pre-November 2016 showed any interest in 30Qs, that’s when I built my first e-skate with that battery.

I originally got @PXSS to build me the 30Q pack to test against lipo performance. I honestly didn’t Bruce you could get sufficient amps out of any li-ion cell. I was happily surprised. 40Q’s is what I run in 3 of my 5 boards now. I might get another 30Q pack from @oriol360 in a couple of weeks.

I can also say with certainty that @PXSS was evangelizing 30Q’s before anyone, even @onloop on the R2.

Sorry Mike, but @PXSS wasn’t even a member of this forum when we first talk abouth the R2 back in october last year :wink:

Yeah, I wasn’t!

Wooohooo! Anniversary:’)

1 Like

Let’s put aside fighting for who gets credit for what. Let’s just all agree that 30Q battery packs are the shit. And that the Banshee uses said batteries :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes