Predator Banshee Thread!

I might just have to hire my own shills :smiling_imp:

Actually somebody just tried to DDoS our website…

what can I say, should’ve given me that board :wink:

4 Likes

Any idea who? A competitor or just someone going after you for no reason?

I wouldn’t go feeling too special :wink: . Any site put up on the public web gets hit pretty hard and fast by bots searching for known exploits/default admin passwords/etc.

ugh… god… reddit.

its a special breed over there, man. overflow from 4chan mingling with schills and trolls from every corner, all feeding on the innocent.

6 Likes

Sounds about right. Honestly what are you going to do? My bigger concern right now is getting some initial sales. Which will make or break this launch…

1 Like

I’ve only got 2.5k subscribers but a couple of my videos are over 150k views, I’d do a comprehensive review for you…

To be honest, I’m mega busy but I’m sure I’d be able to make time to do it…

1 Like

just remember that almost all publicity can be good publicity with just a little imagination. Spin it. Spin everything.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with that. The problem is that I need to market the board to the mainstream market, where the real money is at. Obviously one of the underlying reasons why I haven’t seen many sales is because most people in the community prefer other boards that, while perhaps less reliable, are cheap enough to justify the shoddy quality.

Is the urethane replaceable?

This is the biggest problem. However, it’s hard to know the quality of any of these boards until they are well tested. We know the quality of most of these direct from china boards, and they generally haven’t been good. I personally have heard more bad than good things about winboard. So what makes you think your board will be any different? (ps: not trying to attack you, just want to get your point of view). The VESC is a must, but even most VESC’s are garbage right now. Chaka vesc’s from my experience are the only really bullet proof vesc I’ve ever owned. And I’ve tried most of the market.

People want originality. What makes your board different from what’s out their already? People either want cheap, or super reliable. So the way I see it, there’s a smaller market for mid priced, mid quality boards. Either people want cheap, or reliable.

If you wana score brownie points in this community too, we’d love to see stuff you’ve built with your hands also! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, you are in a good position distribution wise. But you should work on sourcing parts yourself instead of having winboard source everything for you. You’ll be able to manage quality better and have more options in the parts you can put into your board. For example, with hummies motors, we have a guy that supplies us the stators, a guy whole casts our custom trucks, a guy who mills out out mechanical parts for the hub motor, and another source for the other odd end pieces we need. It would be nice some day to find a factory to assemble them instead of doing them ourselves forever, and then we would be in the same boat as the first motors, where we had fully assembled motors arriving at our door, and then being reboxed up and pushed out the door. But the beauty here is that if we want to change something, we have the full flexibility to do so. If one guy says they can’t machine the hub motors can this way, we find another and the rest of the supply chain isn’t messed up also.

Just my 2 cents, no offense meant and best of luck!

3 Likes

Sent you a PM concerning my thoughts on sourcing parts.

As of now the Banshee is basically my take on how an ideal portable electric skateboard should be like. Most cruisers for example are incredibly heavy or bulky. Carrying them is a pain in the ass, especially since pretty much all of them use an external battery enclosure that is crushed against your arm. Even worse is when the thin wood deck cuts into your fingers while you carry the board. The Banshee is 12.5 lbs and has thick bevel edges that your fingers can wrap around. Transport and ease of use is a breeze. We beat most cruisers in speed and power delivery, whilst simultaneously having arguably the longest achievable range with a 10S2P 18650 battery pack. Those are what I can think of off the top of my head…

Onto what I’ve built… I actually posted here before on my personal account. I’d repost them, but the 4g here is crap.

So what makes you think your board will be any different? Your website just was built last month and I do not think FOC box is a new product, not mention originality. Any brand on the market has its own bad news or good news, no perfect products, complaints always comes.

haha, good stuff.

What makes my board different?

First off, I test all of my electronics thoroughly. The focbox may be a great speed controller, it might not be. I haven’t tested it long enough to say that it will be the best. But what I can say is its way better than your esc’s. They are not in the same league. Yours likely contain fake components, and are not going to last.

From my standpoint, your firmware is closed source, which means I can not write iphone apps and andriod apps that work with them. They are meant for lower power systems also. The focbox off the bat can do far higher amps. I run 6000 watts continuous now with 4x the 4.12 chaka vescs. Good luck putting 1500 watts continuous through one of your speed controllers.

On top of that, your hub motors will fall apart quickly under stress. It’s really bad engineering. Only 2 people have figured out how to make good hub motors, and that is Jason at enertion and hummie / me. I have already explained why, so you could fix all of your problems. But at the end of the day, you won’t adopt the methods we use because the cost will be too high for you. We have contacted 100’s of motor manufacturers, and none will wind our motors the way we want them, because it requires more labor. You don’t know what goes in a really good hub motor.

I am about working with and building high quality products. The FOCBOX may or may not be the best ESC. But it’s far better than what you are using. And if it fails to be bullet proof, I will move back to chaka vescs. I have ran 8 of these guys for over 2 years now, over 2000 miles and not a single issue with the pcb assemble (only when I short things with 50.4v being an idiot while building). Why? Because this guy assembles them under tight controls, using authentic parts from mouser, not fake parts from the factory down the street from you.

Really, you and everyone else selling straight from china don’t understand that these are not toys that it’s ok for them to break. They need to be super reliable. No, nothing is perfect, no matter what, issues will arise on everyones products. But they should be far less than 1%. This is why I have not sold completes yet. I am working on mixing my own designs with other proven, high quality designs.

You don’t know what goes into a board to make it good quality. 18650’s are a joke, they are used in toys, not serious electric skateboards.

The reason my board will be different is because the quality of electronics will far exceed yours. You can sell what you want, but I am in a different league then you when it comes to e-skate technology. You will cut corners, while I over engineer everything. I don’t think, how can I make a cheap product that everyone will want. I think of how to make a quality product that will last, while running very high watts.

And that means I can’t be any decent? I have been researching and developing e-boards for over 2.5 years, which is longer than most in the market today. Instead of cutting corners, I over engineer everything. I run my boards very hard. You need 5+ years of skateboarding to be able to ride the way I ride. I have 13 years of experience. No one has been able to beat me in a straight race. I am twice as fast as the raptor 2, and that is by far the most powerful complete board sold today.

8 Likes

I second this motion. When it’s really small it’d look much better with just the arrow and broken circle

1 Like

I mea you got my vote, saving haaard for the hummies for a 4wd.

But lets not forget that you same as me, want somethig different out of an e-board. I f we go freeriding having a balst a 50/60+ is usual. Taking sweepers, doing stanndies, drifting around corrners annd blasting trough the country side is what we are about. I love it, I am obsessed with it. Everyday I wasn’t riding I get weird and unnneasy.

But for others going 20 straight is already a challenge, the they see at turn comig up and their heart starts pumping. So I guess to eatch their own. You are in the process of building a high performance vehicle. They are producing a mass product for enntry level customers. Your focus is performace annd reliability, theirs ist sale numbers and margains.

And the argument never gets old apparently that all board are more or less the same. Had that connversation more than I would ever wannt to. Pepple telling me that I am stupid spennding so much on a 12s4p DIY, because their bechwheel is just as good… Well, mayby they are equal for THEM sice they ride both the same way, no where ear their potential.

PS: Rocketboard as a name allways felt positively to me sice: these guys make sick ass boards and are swiss and really close to me :slight_smile:

double the specs, halve the throughput, gain reliability.

focboxes are dead reliable in hybrid bldc mode in a dual config under moderately conservative settings. I run both of mine under 60 amps total and they don’t do me wrong.

3 Likes

Firstly I totally agree with you what you said, I just do not like the way you speak. You blablabla too much, but I still can not see any difference for your board, we had FOC box, Enertion had FOC box, many people had diy FOC box, now you sell FOC box again, as you said, can you come up with something originality? Like FOD basket, GOC container, POD locker or just change a name, or some new technology, which would be of much more originality and eye catching. Cheap product ≠ bad quality, you can buy a T-shirt at price 5 dollars, 50 dollars, 500 dollars or 5000 dollars, different price comes with different target audience, 5000 dollars T-shirt much better than 50 dollars? I do not think so. 2.5 years experience is a long time? We even need to take 3 years to finish kindergarten, 5 years to finish primary school. 2.5 years even not enough to finish kindergarten. If 18650 is a joke, i want to learn something ORIGINALITY and recreation from you, such as use polar energy, water energy, or any other fuel energy people never used to power electric skateboard. We expect this. No matter what you boast for your product, you can say it will last 20 years with high quality ad never break down, it would not come with battery, it will be pushed by wind, it can fly in the sky, it can dive in ocean, it can dance, sing and call Dad and Mom, I do not care, none of my business. You just do not know what respect is. What is rational is actual and what is actual is rational. From Hegel. Good luck.

4 Likes

That is the most bullshit statement I’ve read. Laughing pretty hard

8 Likes

Exactly my reaction :confused: I meet a guy with a 13s6p bike and that thing shreds!