Predator Banshee Thread!

Being awfully critical dude. Have you even tested the focbox that you advertise with a 300 amp peak and 60 amps continuous? I have and your specs are way off.

1 Like

Considering the circumstances, you know the answer to this.

I’m not trying to be critical, and didn’t even mention anything until the conversation steered in that direction. It’s really not that big of a deal.

Since you know what the real specs for the focbox are, mind clarifying for the world? I’m going off the best information I have available.

Test them yourself using the foc-openloop command in the vesc tool. Be sure to put your motor in a cup of water just like vedder did since you will cook your motor without air flow. Also I am pretty sure the software will not allow you to run high than 130 amps unless you run unlocked firmware. Be ready to fry a piece of hardware if you do run the unlocked firmware. The 130 amp limit is there for a reason :wink:

you know if there’s a firmware or hardware limit for motor amps with the focbox?

In the vesc-tool you can test using the foc-openloop command but the vesc-tool has 130 amp limit built into it. If you want to test at a higher current you need to run it unlocked but you will fry your hardware if you run foc-openloop that high.

300 amps :joy:

At that price point, I would probably pick a Carvon EXO. This mostly because I want a cruiser and not a commuter. The EXO “should” provide a better ride on full urethane and larger deck.

Have you done a formal survey on the demand for commuter boards? I just have a feeling that most people buy esk8s for recreation and not really for commuting.

i almost pulled the trigger on this the other day when i saw it on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Winboard-Integrated-Electric-Skateboard-Distance/dp/B075LB7VFH/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1510326794&sr=8-2&keywords=gt+m8``

how do you like it ?

This deck is awfull for your feet and body… For that price there are better options out there :wink:

My CF 36"board is more comfortable than my 41" downhill wood board, go figure.

Just woke up. A lot of answers to pass around here… there is no doubt going to be a better board out there for similar amounts of money. However I think it’s abundantly clear you are buying into both the product and the company behind it. Every Beta board will ship with a no-questions 1 year transferable warranty. I want early adopters to feel comfortable with their purchase. On top of that, since my partner and I have been importing goods for a combined total of 8 years, I am certain we can have these boards arrive before Christmas.

They tried pushing that garbage on us when we first contacted them. The deck makes you want to naturally spread out your feet to utilize the real estate, however that will put your feet outside the wheelbase and cause you to wheelie. That GT-M8 is the definition of Chinese design… Our board solves that issue by having the longest possible wheelbase on a 28" deck. You place you feet anywhere on our deck without any repercussions.

So here’s the layup on the kind of market we are targeting. I’m not concerning myself with Enertion’s R2 or Jed’s AWD. The niche we are competing in is the high speed electric cruiser market. We are targeting customers looking for a lightweight, low profile commuter board that has the power to cut the distance as fast as possible. Versus say the Acton Blink S2, we have (what I believe to be) a bigger battery for more range, a light weight sealed unibody construction that is weather resistant, and a much higher top end speed. Oh and we have customer service.

5 Likes

So I just got to working on developing a new logo to replace that shitty logo my partner develpped.

There’s still some more I want done on the logo, but hopefully it’s an improvement. Any thoughts?

Also for shits and giggles, here’s the original logo my partner came up with…

Hehe it does look a bit like a rooster or chik-fil-a

2 Likes

Yeah i think the actual peak-continuous (not absolute microsecond peak) is somewhere closer to 30amps in my experience. Maintain anything higher than that for a period of time and its likely going to pop a fet or burn a trace or smoke a resistor or start calling you names or something. That’s why i list them as “manufacturer stated” specs.

Is that what you’re seeing too?

They’re basically bullet proof though when used in pairs under a 60amp BMS, and even without that protection as long as the settings are reasonable and they aren’t allowed to draw such insane currents. Sometimes i don’t think people realise what you can do with 60 amps on two motors. I feel like i keep showing people that, but they keep yapping about 100s of amps the way they do about bigger wheels. yap yap yap. moar amps they say. The only place i really need more amps is in my toaster when i need a frozen waffle right fucking now.

5 Likes

I can run a Vesc with the direct FETS at 80 amps with proper active cooling. In testing a ran one for over 8 hours at this level an it is still running fine today.

yeah that’s not a FocBox. LOL

You running fatter traces, better components, and still using the 4.12 form factor, right? or did you change up your shape?

The first time I tried it all I did was clamp a cpu heatsink and fan to the case on an Ollin Direct VESC otherwise known as the Ollin v1.1 ESC. Similarly the VESC’s in our FreeRide are mated to the aluminum hatch. This gives them a bit more headroom.

All the main power traces are tinned so they can handle the current fine with the extra solder to carry the current. Something you have probably seen on a bms.

something i liked about the NGV build i did recently was the sink attached to the truck. It got me thinking about things. I had this idea for a baseplate that doubled as an ESC enclosure. IT could be done tastefully i think.

1 Like

It looks like a chicken been struk with a broom inside a partial hexagonal Evolve truck logo.

What was your original name? …Predator?? …you know what I’m suggesting… yours came up much better. :sunglasses:

1 Like