Predator Banshee Thread!

How much for the deck?? I can put more oomph in the electronics.

BTW, you cannot do 20A continuously without overheating your battery. Specially sealed. Moogs test is done on a bench with a single cell that can dissipate heat to its surroundings, not 20 cells in a sealed carbon fiber enclosure with zero airflow and only dissipating heat to themselves and the electronics. At best you’ll get 10A without damaging the cells or electronics from heat over time.

2 Likes

I wonder why you didn’t extend the battery enclosure slightly in order to squeeze in batteries with more cells in parallel for those who would want more range?

Board looks nice though…

The batteries won’t be constantly pinned to 20a per cell. The only time we approach that level of current is during extended hill climbs and hard accelerations. Having a used my prototype since it has arrived, I haven’t had an issue with the batteries overheating the entire enclosure.

Then it cannot do 1400W continuously… That is what the word continuous means after all.

It’s more like a 700W with 1600W burst

3 Likes

I would love to step up to a 12S battery, but the ESC we HAVE to use is only capable of doing 10S. After we make some initial sales, 12S will be a potential option down the product line. :ok_hand:

I honestly don’t see an issue here. For car manufacturers, they advertise the peak HP of a car because that shows the CAPABILITY of the product. The power rating exists as a catch all because manufacturers can’t predict how much power a customer will require on a daily basis, however that rating still has a lot of useful meaning. Same logic applies to our board. Is Boosted Board using its 2000W continuously? Probs not, but then what’s the ‘average’ power rating? Again, that power figure exists as a catch-all. If I went around advertising my board As having a power rating of 700W, the only good that will do is kneecapping my own company. We all KNOW our board can EASILY do over 700W. So advertising the ‘theoretical average power’ is useless and self-harming. Meanwhile, there are plenty of brands that advertise power ratings their fuses can’t even allow :triumph:. If you want to sick somebody, go after them.

2 Likes

Hey man, you came here for critics right? You don’t see boosted on these forums cause they would get chewed, spat and chewed on again for their shit advertising. Heck even onloop gets crap for his poop advertising and fake specs.

If you want honest criticism, then I’m giving you some. Your board cannot do 1400W continuous. If you want to be just another e-board brand with exaggerated specs then by all means, say your board can do 1400W continuously, but dont ask for honest critics if you want it sugarcoated.

E- I will be adding a few edits to respond to specific parts of your post.

Yes, key word being peak. They don’t advertise the car being able to sustain that horsepower for the whole ride, which is what you are suggesting.

Agreed.

Here is the main difference: Can your board do 1600W? Definitely no doubt. Can your board do 3200W? If the ESC and hubs can handle it, then absolutely. Can your board do 4500W? Again, if the ESC and hubs can handle it…

Can your board do any of that continuously? That would be a big fat negative ghost rider

30Qs are rated for 15A continuous in free air. After that they are rated up to 80A as long as you keep them under 80 degrees celcius. Yes, you can drain these bad boys at 80A each as long as you keep them cool. Does that mean your board can do that? Maybe for 2 seconds… but definitely not continuous.

If you want to advertise peak power, that’s fine! But that is VERY different to continuous power.

Yes! Definitely! But not for 45 minutes! That is the whole point of the word continuous.

It’s not theoretical, its a real limit. If you advertise it as 1400W continuous and I test it to 1400W continuous until the battery is flat and it catches fire, who’s fault is it?

It’s also not average power. It’s continuous power. Again, peak and continuous are very very very different, which is my point…

Is it useless and self-harming? If you tell me this board can do 700W continuous and up to 1500W continuous for 5 minutes. I would be impressed. If you tell me this board can do 1400W continuous then I will call you out and move on.

BUT and this is a big but, I AM NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE. You are targeting people without any engineering background. In which case you kinda have to lie about specs, otherwise you do not stand a chance against others that do

2 Likes

I’m open for criticism, don’t doubt that. However what I’m trying to explain is that our board can in fact do 1400W continuous. Ambiguity is a double edged sword, however I think my reasoning for our power rating is fair. If my boy @Jinra built a 30Q 12S3P in a sealed enclosure, does that instantly cut his power in half? Now I think about it, he will likely continuously leverage all that power in San Francisco… point being, it’s still accepted he has a 2600W board. Exactly how much of that heat is passively radiated? How much power is Jinra really pulling up and down those hills? How do you average that out? Nobody is going to say “oh, your batteries will reach X temperature at X time, it’s really only 1300W”. Those power ratings are listed to the capabilities of the batteries because it eliminates a lot of assumptions that are entirely open to interpretation.

1 Like

No it cannot! Here is proof: REAL WORLD PROOF:

The temperature is delta over ambient temperature. Henrik tests the batteries at 25C. So at 2Ah depleted, the cells were at 75C

That is a single cell sitting on a desk. If you insulate that little guy, it would have reached that temperature much sooner. Put 20 of those buggers in a sealed enclosure and you would be lucky to get 1Ah before they hit 80C

This is not my data by the way, this is from a third party that has nothing to do with either one of us.

3 Likes

I was thinking more cells in parallel for more range…

Well I appreciate your reconization that we are targeting consumers with a slightly more simplistic technical mindset. Firstly I’m not in the business to deceive, that is the antithesis for why I started this business in the first place. However i want to add that car manufacturers don’t advertize of spec their car as doing a peak of X-HP and an average of Y-HP. It’s just simply convoluted for most consumers. Let’s do this, I’ll gladly list 1400W-1600W as ‘max power’ in those words. I think your main gripe is with the word ‘continuous’.

1 Like

Already tried, we can’t fit a 10S3P into the deck. Unless you are referring to an 8S3P setup, which would fit. However we would be trading Voltage for more amperage.

Which I think is amazing and the reason why I am taking the time to explain why. Otherwise I would have just said “ok, lol” and left. You rock for trying to be as transparent as possible. I applaud you!

Agreed. And honestly car salesmen are also like the opposite of what you want to be, those guys will say a car can do anything just to get you to buy it… -Can it fly? -Sure can, just look at it go! staring at a parked car

Yep, continuous power is very different than max power as I explained before

5 Likes

Cool, awesome then! I think this came down to a misunderstanding, so thanks for catching my fall. Now the real question is whether or not people here are interested in buying into a Beta unit for 997 USD…

2 Likes

So I’ve been looking on how to grow the Dutch market and Winboard definitely caught my eye. Problem is, they’re just another Chinese manufacturer who’s aiming to get rich asap. I wouldn’t trust they’re motors or ESC to last as long as the ‘‘high-end’’. Which will only cause you stress in the long term. Why not go for a single belt driven motor?

A quick solution to you’re battery problem, Winboard produces 10S3P packs with Samsung 30q cells also, why not take advantage of that?

Still, I like the design and appreciate the work you’re putting into this!

I honestly think that it´s a bit too expensive for the specs… A big cost point is the CF deck, but if you compare it to prices of the raptor 2 for example i think it´s too much for that board.

I agree. This board looks rad but the raptor 2 and boosted board are only like $200 more

1 Like

It’s tough because a year or so ago, this kind of board would sell like cake. Today, theres so many boards that you need to do something different to stand out.

At the end of the day, if you market well, you can sell anything. But 1k does seem like a lot for unknown hub motors, unknown esc, and a small battery, hence the reason people want the deck solo.

4 Likes

What many do is they simply say it can do 2000 watts. They don’t use the word “continuous” if it can’t do it continuous, but they also don’t use the word “max” or anything to make you believe its a burst. To the untrained customer, it looks amazing. To the trained customer, they will know it’s peak and not continuous, because it didn’t have the word continuous. It’s really that simple!

I know you already worked this out, but just wanted to give me 2 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

is the “continuous” rating even a standardized test for a certain period? seems anyone could say anything if it’s not. I imagine with car power ratings they can’t just throw numbers out there on a whim. Maybe you could say 2000 watts continuous and advertise it in the winter time or way up north.