Predator Banshee Thread!

It looks like they now use the same deck as the Banshee. I don’t even know what the difference is anymore…

Damn these Chinese people beat me to it. I’m failing at being Chinese by never infringing on anything

Hey @PredatorBoards maybe it’s time for you to rename your brand to VictimBoards.

7 Likes

I’m still buying a legit Predator Banshee :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This stuff makes me pissed. If this truly is @PredatorBoards design, I personally would have liked to ban Winboard from this forum. It is not like they contribute with high quality parts either.

1 Like

No idea why anyone would buy from hubboards. The price is not even that different and well you know what would happen if your board is to break for some reason.

None of us would, but tons of folks that are brand new to esk8 might find out about hu-bo ards before they find out about Predator Banshee, or may never find out about Banshee because winboard can just outspend Q on marketing

Hubboards is the one Q needs to out-market. A lot of people know about banshee I guess he just needs to keep the word going and he might come out on top.

1 Like

Well cheer up, fight and get on top victorious bro. I’d be so mad if this happened to me, they stole your creation right there & shouldn’t get away like that.

1 Like

Don’t want to be rude or anything. But this inherently the issue when you source all of your parts from one company, that also does the final assembly.

Hummie had the same issue when he used one company to machine and assemble hub motors. So now, everything is spread out between 4 companies, and we do the final assembly. That and you make some proprietary pieces (in our case, the truck and wheel design) so that theres more work to get ripped off than them doing what they already doing.

BTW, did you design the deck from the ground up?

6 Likes

The deck is a collaboration between me and Winboard. That means the design was worked on by both parties. Admittedly i did most of the material selection and design analysis while Winboard took the guess work out of the actual production aspects.

Don’t worry about being rude. I knew sooner or later the Banshee would be hijacked by other companies. However you pay to play, and the only way I was ever going to get a CF board built (without wasting a ludicrous amount of money in initial assembly startup costs) was through Winboard.

I’m making steps to diversify the manufacturing to make it harder to copy the Banshee.

First thing’s first is this new ESC + Firmware config:

'twas developed by some friends from an up and coming esk8 company. We’ll be using an updated version of this ESC in the Banshee. I’m pretty sure nobody else is using this :wink:

Here’s a video of the old Banshee ESC ramping up. You can clearly hear the abrupt ‘steps’ in the throttle.

For the old ESC, I counted 5 ‘steps’ in the throttle. Can you count how many there were for the new ESC?

Since we will be supplying Wnboard with this ESC, Huboards won’t be able replicate this configuration for at least a while.

1 Like

The Chinese ESCs have gotten better in the past year. I say this with my experience with Landwheel which has gone through 3 different ones. The latest one has smooth acceleration and braking. I think koowheel 2 might be using the same escs

2 Likes

Got pictures of landwheel’s newest ESC?

@PredatorBoards Just saw your comment 9 days later…Here’a picture of what Landwheel uses now (ignore the wire splicing, he was adding batteries on this unit)

f122ff342e651f58fa7166687afc4c23d75df37a_1_666x500

2 Likes

@PredatorBoards I received my board a couple of days ago and have been riding it as much as possible since. The board feels nice and solid. No rattling and the long wheelbase on the board make the board feel very controllable at high speeds. The torque up hills has been rather surprising. I have hit it with all the steepest hills in my area and it has made it up all of them. The ride is of course stiff, being a carbon fibre board but having owned and ridden two other carbon fibre decks (Raptor 1 & Torqueboard Rocket) it feels more forgiving.

The remote is nice in the hand. As others have said, it is twitchy but that’s just a learning curve knowing how to control the throttle. The brakes are strong, I’m about 170 pounds and it slows me to a stop on steep down hills.

This board is my inner city commuter board so I needed a lighter weight and portable setup. The predator is perfect for this. The only thing I have changed is the front truck. I swapped out the paris clone (which was a little wide for my backpack) for a narrower Paris front truck. Even after swapping for the narrower truck the board still feels stable and even feels good carving.

I also added a carbon fibre bashguard to the rear so I wouldn’t ruin the carbon fibre board.

IMG_0694

The only issue I have is with the cables. It appears that the cable sheething has been cut too short or has moved down the cables. Not a big issue. Eventually, I will take the board apart and heat-shrink the cables. But I assume with the cables the way they are, the waterproof qualities of the board would be effected.

8 Likes

Yeah that issue with the short cables shouldn’t be happening. I’m looking into it to see what is happening on the manufacturing side. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

P.S. I like the Bashguard. I’m actually working on something eerily similar for the Banshee.

4 Likes

@PredatorBoards any news about the new esc, remote or kicktail?

Actually just got the new ESCs in the mail not too long ago. I’ll be swapping them in the Banshee today to see how they fair.

1 Like

The new ESC is not characterized to the Banshee’s hub motors, but it works beautifully with the Meepo/wowgo hubs. It’s incredibly smooth to the point it feels like it’s lagging IMO.

2 Likes

This thing is great! I still testing it but so far so good. It’s fast and lightweight. I like it a lot.

Size compared to my Acton Blink S2 and Evolve GTX :

2 Likes

Corrections to all the miss understanding.

1. Design of the main board: Winboard.
  2. Carbon fiber mould investment: Winboard.
  3. Motor selection: Winboard.
  4. TTL manufacture: Winboard.
  5. Esc development: Winboard.
  6. Battery selection: predator.(sourcing winboard)
  7. Wheel base enlargement idea: predator team.

Correction to the contract violation.

1. Indeed winboard gave the product to huboards.
  2. But the important part is why. (here’s my guess, but almost 95% will be correct)
    1. Predator team gave an offer to winboard on a huge amt of sales and asked exclusiveness.
    2. Winboard invested a lot of money on the board and believed if they gave exclusive to predator than the predator will achieve.
    3. But like always, business does not grow that fast nomatter what.
    4. And by the fact that almost all the investment has been made from winboard, the desperate side would probably be winboard.
    5. So winboard probably went to another seller. Because with only predator they could not retrieve the investment.
  3. Now what would a company do if one seller asked the supplier exclusiveness but not achieving sales as promised… I would definitely go back to the contract and renegotiate…

Defintitely predator team did a lot of activities in the esk8 and reddit forum.(i can see that) And this is highly credited to be one of the most important part in electric skateboard business. (Probably all the business)

But what they did rong is revealing there business partner and the original maker to look like a company that does not even have there ethics. (This winboard company not only makes predator banshee but also a lot of other famous boards and the only trouble they have is with predator…strange)