[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

So…4wd eh?

Extra $370 with discount of 10% equating to $74 of total, basically send another $296?

Tempting inducement, but ye cannae do this between pay checks friend

1 Like

Yup, you are right! If you already put an order for a 2wd, then you’d only need to top up accordingly! (:

1 Like

It’s like free trucks!

3 Likes

@nuttyjeff sorry if you already answered this but how wide is that POM gear? 10mm? i see that you have already used it for 500km and im trying to decide if its strong enough for a gear drive for my own project.

It’s 15mm :slight_smile:

3 Likes

is that the face width? or including the hub?

Yeah. Just the face width. Do note that there are MANY other factors that contribute to the strength and durability of a gear - What works for my setup might not work for yours, unless it’s somewhat identical.

3 Likes

Is this still available. When are you expected to ship?

Yeap. Simply fill out the google form! Manufacturing will begin in march and should ship late march to early apr!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gYr1-n0KrREdRcyXWUtRPM9gcydkQm_xFLcjo0lM4Ak/edit

1 Like

If you’re still taking names I’ll go another set please, payment to follow end of Feb, thanks

Haha sure sure. Just fill up the form. Ill be taking orders through the whole of february! Will put you in for another. Do edit the form when you’ve made payment (:

1 Like

Pre-Order Update

CNY is coming to end and manufacturing can start soon! Hooray!

• The pre-order form will be kept open for people to place their orders until the parts are to be sent for anodizing (most likely in the first week of march). This will give people more time to make payment too!
  • For those who have been PM-ing me about where to pre order, the link can be found in the first post of the thread! Or seperately, for convenience sake, here (Sorry if it wasn’t clear before): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gYr1-n0KrREdRcyXWUtRPM9gcydkQm_xFLcjo0lM4Ak/edit
  • I will try my best to post a weekly update for the benefit of those who pre-ordered, just like how I did for my Urethane Avio Drive. The only difference would be that I will be posting the updates publicly on this thread.

Design Update:

• Apart from the gear cover design, there have been no need for any further design changes and will be manufactured identical to the drive I am using now.
  • I am thinking of designing different adapters for different wheel rims, do let me know whay rims you guys are inerested in! (Note, the rims have to be able to accomodate an 8mm shaft, e.g. Evolve Rims, because the Kahua axle has an 8mm diameter. Is it possible to add a 10mm diameter spacer along the 8mm shaft to transform it to a pseudo 10mm shaft? No clue. Lmk your thoughts, if any!)

Edit: @Linny pointed out that trampa uses a 12mm to 8mm spacer to ‘convert’ 8mm axles to 12mms to fit their wheels. I’ll check it out!

That’s all folks!

3 Likes

I currectly have the Trampa superstars with the 5 bolt star pattern, but i do plan to buy the kahua trucks and Bergmeister wheels specifically for this kit… but if there is input for wheel adapters itd be cool to have the option use this kit on my Trampas.

1 Like

I am using the bergmeister wheels and already have the haggydribe system. How much for just the gear drive?

The price of the gear drive does not include the bergmeister wheels or the trucks. It’ll still be at the listed price - 370usd :slight_smile:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gYr1-n0KrREdRcyXWUtRPM9gcydkQm_xFLcjo0lM4Ak/edit

1 Like

Would you recommend this stuff to seal the holes for the ‘holy’ trampa line?

I realize now that it would have been better to just get the regular deck… But I doubt Frank will accept exchanges. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’ll probably crack from the flex of the deck

1 Like

Heck.

Thanks!

So my board is already pretty heavy around 30lbs. The handle is a blessing because I almost dropped it before it’s just so unwieldy.

What is the weight of the whole gear drive system? Compared to the haggy mounts and belts what will be the added weight?

I wont be able to give you the difference in weight (I don’t own a set of the haggy drive myself) , but I will weigh the drive (motor mount, cover, adapter, gears) and get back to you on this.

1 Like