[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

gif

10 Likes

Me: $370?!?? WTF actually reads the post $370 for two! thats better than i predicted

Great work as always! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hahaha. Hope it isnt confusing for others as well><.

Resistance is futile, in

2 Likes

Fuuuuck I wish I had the cashā€¦ what a deal. Next time round maybe.

1 Like

Sure thing dude!

2 Likes

Fuck you @nuttyjeff why did you do all these cool shit now my hand has subconsciously clicked buy :pleading_face:

Mini AT light weight build coming soonā€¦

3 Likes

Reported for cyber abuse hehehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

What deck are you gonna build this drive onto?

Hmmm short deckā€¦ spud? Not sure

Probably need to extend the trucks outwards like I did :stuck_out_tongue:

Or, get a new deck. Hehehe. Or, cut some wheel cutouts the spud.

2 Likes

The stock bushings subjected to a wholly scientific finger squeeze would seem to rate at around 88A. Blood orange bushing was a good fit in the hanger but a bit too tall to work, shame as they have inserts which fit into the hanger perfectly

Pictured is deckside 93A Riptide Krank Canon and roadside the stock shorter bushing. Pivot cup is replaceable with Riptide Caliber pivot cupsimage image image image

2 Likes

Hey Alan, try to flip the hanger, so the the grub screw holes face the street side. That may allow for bigger bushings to be used.

1 Like

I use double barrels (krank) street and board side on my setup. I swapped the baseplate out for Caliber baseplates though, the Kahua hangers are fully compatible!

2 Likes

Can swap out kingpin for a longer one?

Timo and Jeff have the answers ^

I have swapped out Caliber baseplate kingpins, so if you use caliber plates, you can do so by hammering out the original one and plopping in another one with your desired length.

You cant swap it out on the stock baseplates afaik, theyā€™re pressed in really tight. ( iā€™ll try some methods to take mine out and will let you know if I manage to (: )

But as @Linny mentioned, you can definitely change Caliber kingpins (:

2 Likes

Ok conclusion: pretty much impossible to take out the kingpin on the stock baseplates, i suggest using Caliber baseplates if youā€™re after a longer kingpin.

Sidenote:

IMG_20190202_235903 IMG_20190202_235923

Will be uploading the .stl file of the bottom bashguards soon !

PM me if youā€™ve ordered the drive and would like it to be included in the kit, free of charge! Itā€™ll be printed in PLA though :P.

11 Likes

Too much for too little given the super common compatibility

even with a 1/2 ton arbor press on the way for bearings

The 500km Update!

Alright guys, as promised, hereā€™s the 500km update!

Firstly, some pics before my comments:

IMG_20190209_095828

IMG_20190209_100024

IMG_20190209_100106

IMG_20190209_101120

IMG_20190209_095806

• The gears have virtually 0 wear after 500km (I donā€™t think the grease iā€™m using is any good, doesnt seem to stick too well to POM gearsā€¦ time for molykote g1067, if i can even get my hands on some.)
  • The cover (installed at the 300km mark) seems to be doing its job in keeping the gears consistently lubricanted while reducing noise.
  • The skidplate (installed at the 400km mark) seems to do itā€™s job in protecting the underside of the drive, thereā€™s visible damage to the plate after 100km on various terrain, including some AT.
  • Nothing much else to add really, the drive behaves the same as day 1!

The Pre-order Update!

• Offering a 10% discount off the total price for people who order a 4WD! Updated the main thread above accordingly.
  • Basically waiting for more preorders to come through so I can send the files to the factory straight after their CNY holiday is over!
9 Likes