[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

If this drive is installed, urethane wheels would not be an option though. It’s only designed for the Bergmeister Rims right now (:

It’s worth nothing that the main benefit of a shorter axle is for a seamless design ><.

1 Like

Yeah. I was referring to swapping between the avio gear drive and the haggy drive with press fit pulleys. I got the drive system from Timo and the press fit pulleys would need the full axle length. I’m sure I’m the minority so I would take others input over mine probably. :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

and here my 10 cents: Jeff is correct and the good thing is: the axles are “screw in” and can be easily interchanged, so that would make for a Kahua truck that is very versatile and compatible with many different setups.

3 Likes

Sure that makes sense. Thanks

You’re right, I’ll see what I can do. I can easily make the drive compatible to those who already have the axles and are not intending to buy custom ones separately. (Just a change in adapter length), although I wouldn’t want to have to deal with 2 different adapter types. If the community would like the length of the axle to remain the same, i’d be more than happy to keep the design as such :smiley:

Thanks for your feedback though, @Excess!

1 Like

Of course and I’m in either way. No need to complicate anything on my behalf :).

1 Like

I’m a bit worried about wheel bite. Wouldn’t that increase the need for a huge riser on most decks ?

2 Likes

Agreed, though, the shortened axles would only be shorter by 0.9cm on either end.

Cover Design Update:

Old Design:

IMG_20190124_185412

New Design:

IMG_20190124_185353

Redesigned the motor cover slightly due to the following reasons:

1. Increased Lubricant Retention The previous cover design was a simple empty cover to house the gears. The new design incorporates thin ribs to essentially bring the walls of the cover closer towards the gears, resulting in significantly less lubricant flinging to the side of the walls over time. The gears “scoops” up the lubricant on the cover walls and “reuses” it.
  2. Reduced Noise (The result from point 1.)
  3. To incorporate bashguard mounting holes It was pointed out to me that some people may want to mount the drive in a drop-through set up. As such, 2 M3 holes have been added to the front of the cover for an additional bash-guard to be installed, should you wish to mount it lower towards the ground. This allows for the installation of a rounded bash-guard to deflect objects by sliding around them instead of colliding into them head-on. For those who don’t want to install the bash-guard, simply plug the holes with 2xM3 button head screws :smiley:, or not, your choice :stuck_out_tongue:

image image image image

That’s all for now, will update when I’m at the 300km mark of testing. No signs of any wear on the gears so far.

14 Likes

AWESOME UPDATEGRADE !! :smiley: This is really super well design, I love all your details :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks @Riako :slight_smile:

Love what you did with the chain drive too! :smile:

2 Likes

You mean… upgradation?

5 Likes

ya :smile: the upgrade in the update …

Oh now i get it. HAHA. :smile:

Sidenote:

I intend to release the price this weekend, along with a pre-order form for people to purchase the drive (:

4 Likes

11 Likes

It’s inevitable

10 wallet

Some AT runs :slight_smile:

Takes awhile for the vid to uploaded in the highest resolution. Sorry if i suffer from VVS, it’s just easier for me to take a vid vertically with 1 hand :confused:

6 Likes

Show them the damage

3 Likes

HAHA.

Road through different kinds of terrain and big rocks scattered in the grass started to scratch the mounts, covers and hanger(:slight_smile: IMG_20190126_170112

7 Likes

That’s a lotta damage

2 Likes