[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

IT BEGINS! :wink:

IMG_20190110_172844

10 Likes

ā€¦a beast is bornā€¦

Anxiously waiting for pictures of the whole assembly together with the beautiful Bergmeister wheels :hugs:

IMG_20190110_180806

The birth of the Avio AT Gear Drive. Adapter coming in on the 11th and my testing board will be completed on the 13th!

Testing Ensues, Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Haha. This Sunday! hopefully!!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, iā€™m excited, iā€™m posting photos. Another test set assembled! (With 6355s) :smiley:

IMG_20190110_223552

16 Likes

wow, looks fat (in a good way :smiley: )

What is the thickness of the gears? (contact pitch? not sure what you would call it :man_facepalming:)

He just wants us to get excited. :joy: This is a looks dope af :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sharing the excitement! :smiley: canā€™t wait to make a build thread on the board with this drive on it. Gonna be so cool!

IMG-20190110-WA0052

Thanks to @Linny for helping with the enclosure.

6 Likes

15mm width, Mod 1.5 gears!

Pinion made from 7075-T6 alu and Spur from White POM.

I have no idea if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking, but iā€™m guessing thickness = width. Haha.

3 Likes

yep :joy:

exactly what I meant, thanks

1 Like

is the enclosure cnc aluminum?

Yeah. 7075-t6.

1 Like

is the angle of the mounting point adjustable? (Interested in making an evo build with this, but not sure of the EVOā€™s wedged ends)

Hi @murdomeek Indeed, the angle can be freely adjusted as the motor mount is ā€œclamped tightā€ onto the round surface of the Kahua Trucks. This means any angle can be chosen depending on your deck.

You can see the area where the mount is placedā€¦accordingly the motor mount can pivot by any angle

7 Likes

Saw this on the picture thread. Looks fantastic! image https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/f/2/f27b97e14f8fa3aedbc95e7aee9e151170c2e86e.jpeg

Canā€™t wait to hear how testing goes!

9 Likes

Haha! Look out for my build thread on this build!!

More pics to follow! In the mean timeā€¦

IMG_20190116_072226

13 Likes

And the build thread is done :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Do you approximately know when You will start selling?

1 Like

Good work!

@nuttyjeff @riverside.rider donā€™t forget to come to an agreement about selling a kit without wheels (with/without motors option)to maximise sales to those who got in on the wheel group buy :slight_smile:

1 Like