[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

2018 is already the year of the gear drive, I was thinking maybe 2019 will be the year of the direct drive. Never hurts to have more gear drive options, especially for AT.

Good job. These would be a welcomed addition

2 Likes

Decided to change the name of the drive, to incorporate a name Iā€™ll be using for my future designs.

Hereā€™s a render of the product weā€™re aiming to produce here! :smiley:

test%202

11 Likes

If itā€™s not that shiny on delivery Iā€™ll expect a full refund Jeff

10 Likes

Nothing a lil gloss clear coat canā€™t do

That looks so sexy

1 Like

will there be options for kegal/flywheel mount?

1 Like

This drive is designed with a fixed Gear Ratio (3.75:1) that isnā€™t meant for those wheels unfortunately. (The clearance between the drive and the road would also be really small for a urethane wheel of that size.)

If youā€™re looking for a urethane gear drive, you might want check my other thread - The Aortal Gear Drive.

Iā€™m pretty excited to see how this project turns out. Iā€™m getting stuff ready now :laughing:. image @riverside.rider Absolutely beautiful man! Love the wheels and trucks.

9 Likes

Sweet! What deck is that?

I realise Iā€™ve not been updating this thread, but thatā€™s because Iā€™ve been working with the supplier to get the prototypes out!

So, update:

• Iā€™ve ordered 4 drives to test (for me and my local esk8 riders.) To arrive by mid Jan where testing will ensue. (We have builds ready to go and waiting the drive :D)
  • Am working with Timo on the price of the drive and will release the price when the drive is ready for pre-orders.
  • Almost every component of the drive will be CNCed, down to the motor pinion, from 7075 Alu/ POM and will be black hard anodized. (Seems like black won colour vote, no surprise there :P.)
  • Logo will be laser engraved on the cover, because, why not :smiley: I might go with a red logo for production pieces, because of +23.4% speed.

CatchC893

8 Likes

Landyachtz switch. Not 100% convinced itā€™ll work perfectly for me but I have backups in case. It looked so pretty with the wheels I had to bolt them on :slight_smile:

Do you can wheelbite with that?

Can we get an above view? I got to see the stance on this thing.

@nuttyjeff image Yeah a bit I might be able to modify enough though.

@skunk image Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and feel a bit cramped so it may not work out there which is my bigger concern. But I got other options Iā€™ll make something work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had the exact same problem with a switchblade deck. The corner of the deck hits the wheels.

I intend to push the trucks further towards the edge of the deck to solve it (:

2 Likes

Motor%20Mount1 Motor%20Mount%202 Cover1 cover2 POM POM%202

More pics of the prototype set! :smiley:

14 Likes

I wish I was one of your local esk8 buddies!

4 Likes

Aww, iā€™m just a plane flight away! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Any idea what the final price is going to be? :slight_smile:

Haha! Iā€™ll release the final price when weā€™re done testing! Iā€™d prefer not to release it yet as there may be some changes to the design/material! :smiley: Hope you can understand!

Wouldnā€™t want to mislead anyone with an estimated price too, but I promise itā€™ll be competitive!

2 Likes