Pre-order: The Rocket Deck: Dual hollow channel longboard reverse mounted drop through deck!

Doesn’t look too thick, the paint trick may improve this a little

Thanks

If you want to see the deck being ridden, this is my deck (not the production deck) with hummie v2 steel hubs. The new deck has even more concave. It’s very stable though. Flexes when you hit something in the road to help absorb the shock, but not more than a regular skateboard deck under normal circumstances.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Its funny how appearances can be played with like that.

I will see about What I can do to slim in down in shape. I’ll start running the numbers and see if I can get some sort of rounding.

It’s just not “sexy”.

Skateboards should be sexy.

1 Like

Yes and no :wink:

I mean I have a set up that every other time I pick it up and enjoy the pure beauty of it I get almost too exited (if you know what I mean).

I mean bruh loock at that thang :wink: (not my pic, sadly instantly threw grip tape on it, that formica looks sweet. 3fa2860a7c3ddb3529aea2044084ea51--longboard-decks-premier-online

But then I have my “perfomance set up” Loocks like ass. Chipped, scratched, quite an ugly deck etc. But it is my baby nontheless.

But if you loock at your set up and your reaction is :" kill it before it lays eggs" then yeah some sexyness wouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

And a bottom mounted deck with a kydex box is sexy?

It has it’s own style of beauty to it.

At the end of the day, you are at work downtown and you need to get home work from at the end of the day. You grab your board, put it in the street, now what matters, how it looks, or how it handles?

Are you even going to see how it looks while you ride it? Or are you going to be paying attention to how it is handling so you don’t fall off at 30 mph.

When random people look at this, with hummies hubs, they think it’s just a normal skateboard but thicker. They are amazed when I tell them it’s packed full of electronics and fly away. Your not fooling anybody with your giant boxes on the bottom of your board though.

At the end of the day, it may not fit everyones taste, but no product ever does.

Do you want to fit a 12s2p instead so that it can have amazing curves? Or a thicker look that allows a 12s4p + 4x VESCs.

Do you want something where your feet lock in nicely? Or do you want something that is shitty to ride because theres not enough concave, but looks nice?

I wouldn’t call this deck “sexy”, but I wouldn’t call the board ugly either. Like I said, it has it’s own form of beauty. Maybe your change you mind with some graphics on the bottom, since we don’t have any enclosures to block the graphics, like bottom mounted boards do…

4 Likes

I’m not at all fond of your newly invented word…

Top mount: deck mounted on top of the trucks.

Drop through: named as such because you drop the baseplate through a hole in the deck from above.

That is all.

3 Likes

Have you considered, say a 2mm PETG or thermoformed plastic lid? It should further reduce thickness and cost.

1. Cut a sheet of PETG plastic to slightly wider than your lid dimensions.
  2. Insert dummy battery packs (to fill the voids in the two hollow channels)
  3. Insert rectangle of PETG plastic into the space for the lid.
  4. Apply heatgun to plastic until it deforms slightly to the concave of deck
  5. Let it cool.
  6. Re drill holes in plastic lid.

Finished. :slight_smile:

I haven’t. I have thought of aluminum, although that would increase costs dramatically.

In terms of cost, the lid is less than $10 at cost to me already. The real cost is in the main deck.

Looks awesome dude! Ordered one, now I just have to justify buying Hummies eventhough I have drivetrains laying around :roll_eyes::yum:

Im not sure if alu ist the way to go, how would it affect the remote/reciever signal?

I don’t think it would impact signal strength (my understanding is carbon fiber is the only one that does this).

But it would cost over $40 per lid in just material cost. Would shave 3mm off, but whats 3m when you have 38mm already…

Yes, it would. In fact, any material that is electrically conductive will have impact on the rf signal.

Thanks for the heads up. Could I use a metal lid as an extension of the antenna, rather than a blocker?

You could design an antenna inside the lid, but you can’t use the lid as an antenna. (I don’t know if it is clear)

Makes sense. What makes an antenna an antenna? On the Rx, it just looks like a wire.

Been running a T-6 aluminum deck at .065 thick in several configurations, and esc’s for a year. Never had a radio issue I can recall with 2.4ghz and shortened receiver antennas. All aluminum mount. Maby that’s the trick…

2 Likes

It is “just a wire” but it has to be an exact length to match the frequency of the wave you are trying to pic up. 2.4ghz use an antenna around 31mm long.

Then they can other features that help reject noise.

Are there batteries that comes with it?