Potential Cheap 10s BMS/Charger

this charger and this BMS

$43 total for both of em. Thoughts?

shipping is the only issue the bms itself is fine

it’s a better price than buying a 10s charger

Max discharge current is only 30A. You want a minimum of 60 if you’re going to route discharge through the BMS.

They have a 50/100A version for only 26bucks.

1 Like

Looks alright, but I wouldn’t personally spend that little on a BMS. I mean this is the thing protecting the battery. Also if it fails, your board won’t be moving very much.

3 Likes

yeah i have mixed feelings about that price point. Its definitely inexpensive, but it could also be cheap

1 Like

You definitely want something that you can confidently leave charging, and feel safe that it won’t start is lithium fire. I have to watch my charger like a hawk, and regularly check how warm the battery is getting, because I bought the cheapest charger I could find. Don’t be me.

You don’t HAVE to - you WANT to because it makes you feel better. Ever had something actually happen? You would probably do the same with an expensive charger.

I do the same with my balance charger and listen to any noise in my house when the batteries are charging. But there was never an actual issue.

I’ve never had a problem, but I wish I was confident enough to at least leave it charging overnight.