POLL: Flipsky information in one place

Jesus, is the 4.2 Dual a death trap? I haven’t even set mine up yet (planned to run on 10s with hub motors/CarvON) - but at this point, do I even want to?

It’s not a death trap haha. Don’t panic. It’s just a bit lame

1 Like

Today I did a first speed test with the 2x FSESC 4.12 @ 12s on unsensored FOC and it worked as it should. I made it to 52kph which is the calculated limit I could get, 43000 erpm.

5 Likes

Some questions, processor of FSESC6.6 :slight_smile:

Wow did you set your ESC in your case ??? They’re even more complicated to integrate or fix them in your enclosure !? What do you think? Do you have some pics ? :mag: ideas ??:bulb:

Thanks a lot for your help :blush:

I asked this too. Not really an easy way to mount these, especially if you want any kind of cooling.

When I tested them i just used lots of foam in the enclosure. We need a good 3D printable design to secure them

1 Like

3m sticky back hardcore velcro. It won’t come loose and gives good vibration dampening. It’s pretty easy to solve this issue.

No, it’s not a death trap. If this was due to battery cutoff than its an issue with the batteries. or my setting on the battery cutoff being too high.

I’m pretty sure there are setting with what the vesc should do in the instance of a battery cut off so you should be able to adjust it so it doesn’t brake.

I am still a total newb so I am trying to learn as much as possible.

Cheers, Patrick

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah on a lot of vesc, v6, focbox or escape … but here with the 6.6, I’m a bit annoy… Where did you put it for the hardcore fix on the FSESC6.6 ? on the heatsink? yes, it should old enough, but I would like to let the heatsink out of the case… Do you have a photo ? :slight_smile: plzzz

@Static, I think I will try to do that (plus velcro if I find a way to ensure more) :wink:

Edit: I’m talking about the 1st single with PSA and the xt90 … https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0011/4039/1996/products/DSC05342_360x.JPG?v=1536542345

Hi All,

just wanted to say that the flipsky bluetooth module will only work with the VESC Tool on Android. May work with other apps on iOS but I have no way of testing this.

Cheers,

Guys maybe you can help, what is more a more reliable/ better setup: dual tb vesc 4.12 or the dual 4.2 fesc

Try 2x FSESC 4.12, they have a great price/value ratio. You’ll get 2 of them for the price of one tb ESC and so far they seem to be good quality. I’m running 2of them at 10s and 12s in FOC without any issues,from the tb ESC I heard/read no good so far.

3 Likes

I’d do this personally.

2 Likes

serious? @visnu777 @brenternet I thought tb is a bit more reliable because they are longer on the market but I guess not, the only thing is that I already have a tb vesc so I think it will be easier for me to buy an extra tb instead of buying 2 fesc 4.12’s and selling my tb

I get what you are saying though but there’s multiple people running these fesc 4.12’s on 12s foc and I bought one on ebay from a seller by offering $47.

$100 for a tb vesc that is designed for BLDC or two new 4.12’s for a very similar price that appear to perform better? Seems like a no brainer to me haha. Sell your spare tb vesc and get better results for half the money.

1 Like

Ah thanks for the advice, now we can go on topic again haha

We’re definitely still on topic here with this discussion.

1 Like

i use my fsesc 4.12 with a focbox in a dual setup, so you actually don’t need to buy 2, just one.

ooff thats another level, I have always wondered if using to different vescs together would work

yeah, but i run them over Split PPM, since i don’t want to risk damage over CAN, but then again someone said that it doesnt matter…there is a real advantage to a dual setup over CAN, changing setups over bluethooth on the fly is rly something. For example when the battery goes below 50% you can switch to a more conservative setting to avaid strain or cutoffs.

2 Likes

What sort of settings are you running them together on out of interest?