POLL: Flipsky information in one place

Its not trash, its cheap so it needs to be handled like a cheap vesc.

Run it at around 30A per unit max, dont try to pull to many amps of it and it should be fine from the looks of it.

3 Likes

Hmm… their 4.12 is cheap too. @brenternet confirmed that it can run well. I still have their 4.12s, let me put them back in and see how they go compared to this 4.20.

1 Like

even at 20A batt and motor max it faults … I made many tests with the metr.pro and even with low setup, and cruising easily you could be confronted to overcurrent or intensity … And yes sometimes it goes all good during 2 or 3 rides. But be really careful don’t ride this to much confident. Edit : Dual 4.20

damn, well i was riding with my flipsky 4.12 today and i have Battery 35A and Motor 80A, no faults Here a Screenshot. vescmonitor

30/30a and I get 2/3 faults with ease. Do you guys think if I cut the battery max cutoff is going to help?

dunno, but you always got one when you got close to the 30a battery max. which is weird. how much can your battery give?

One thing I suspect is that their passive components suck and fck up reading or etc, if voltage is jumping the same way current readings will jump too…

Messed around some more with the dual 4.20 yesterday, dropped to Motor 25 -25, Battery 40 -40 and only had one fault in a 2 hour ride. Unfortunately it was going down a pretty nasty hill and I was even being extra careful - not good enough. If I lived on the absolute flats with no hills to deal with it would be fine for a small chuck around board but I just don’t trust it.

Not to mention that it had no balls at all configured that way… hill climbing on a single focbox was similar to dual with this.

2 Likes

I’ve set 30A battery max -7 battery regen.

To confirm u guys with the cutouts from overcurrent are using the 4.2 right and not the 6.6?

1 Like

Yes. 6.6 is flawless for me

1 Like

Yup. That’s my case.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, Dual and mini. EDIT :blush: 4.20

1 Like

It seems that the 4.20 works great on 10s. Wonder why.

Have anyone tried to limit the wattage and the battery cutoff and see if helps?

1 Like

6.6 dual. 12s lipo Theres no good hills around where I live… so i did the next best thing… I put on bigger tires :stuck_out_tongue: to stress the vesc. Managed to max out the motor 80amps and 34amps on battery. Didn’t skip a beat. Now if the voltage reading will actually be steady… it would be perfect… Can’t complain I guess… its cheaper then 2 focboxes image

1 Like

It does not work for me on 10s.

1 Like

Same doesn’t work great at all on 10s too.

1 Like

I finally set up my 4.2 dual in FOC and it runs well.

I need to adjust my setting though as something happened yesterday.

I was accelerating up a hill and the board all of a sudden slammed the brakes on me kicked me off and as i was still holding the throttle the board went up the curb. Did a barrel role and just got some road rash on my elbow which was lucky. I need to check what i have done as I am also unable to connect to the flipsky bluetooth module through Ack firmware. So I’m sure i fudged something up.

That brings my count of falling off to 2 times and i probably have only done maybe 150km of riding, so not a great start. Better than the first fall though. Bent my knee sideways and was on crutches for 6 weeks.

1 Like

Sounds Like overcurrent or voltage cutoff. Happened to me too this Weekend. Battery was already down to 20% and i went full throttle and bamm cutoff flored me. Got some nasty rashes on my knee because my Pads slipped Up.

I’m hoping it wasn’t voltage cut off as that would mean i have some crazy voltage sag going on as I was at just under 70%.