POLL: Flipsky information in one place

Another ride tonight, and at this end would like to provoke some faults,… and I pretty good to this :blush:

Friday night (+22/-22 A Motor 30 batt max and -15 batt min), cruising cool : Saturday evening same parameters, riding still cool :

Tonight I start with the same again :

And when I want to play a bit harder at the end, trying ±25A Motor and 35A batt max, applying full throttle uphill, I cunt around 8 faults over current … :

So whats should be my next test :smile: !?

Hm i saw 55 motor amps in your logs and thats when it seems to cutout…

Luckly i dont have many hills around my place but will see what results i get after i hook it up (still havent managed that yet)

1 Like

Yes, and you could see 7 other at the ends of the ride when I try to reproduce that, uphill or on flat almost from start. I will run them hard again tomorrow at again 22A/motor so almost 45A max, but with still 35Amps batt max, and then go low to 30a and see if it faults as easy as I made it happen at the end …

All that is cool, test and see the limit of overcurrent, but if you need an urgent braking you still could have Over intensity … this will be a board exclusively for me now and for cruise mode ! Still got this drop from 0 to +40a motor when I’m braking … is it normal ? (after the braking all the over intensity is drop to the motor ?) Look at the end of the last ride

Ok run them today like I say at 22A Motor and 30A batt, I can still make it Over intensity if I really play with the throttle in uphill but somethimes it handle more without problem and sudently, FAULTS !..

Have you contacted Flipsky about this? Are they going to do something about this issue? They should since they advertise 50A continuos per esc…

1 Like

Yes, they’re replacing my mini’s actually, I’m waiting them with new caps and then same for this dual I guess. loading … Its a chance that the season is almost ended for esk8, and I will be back on my eMTB under VESC6 at 70Amps Motor& batt cause all of this is a lot of frustration :smile:

we are so far from that … and they was supposed to be 12s and why not foc !.. I had planned all my setup with 12s ratio etc (got 16A 30C of graphene for this) … and I was locked at 10s 5Ah (just what I got in stock ^^) no sensor, no foc … no luck

1 Like

Mh it starts to sound really messed up now…

Will see whenever Flipsky will pay attention and what action they will take

But the 6.6 is showing well. Almost no one with a problem with it. …and with the group buy at 125$ it’s a great deal. It uses three sensing shunts not just two as the 4 uses

@mmaner would you change any of these settings if you were running a 10s3p pack instead of a 4p?

yeah, Id make battery current 35 or 40a.

Behold…Hall of DRV_FAULTS for 4.20 dual. Running 10s2p Samsung 20R pack, FOC with 5055 270kv motors from DIYeboard kit. Tried on both stock and Ackmaniac’s, the only difference is on stock you have to release the throttle to gain control back, while on Ack’s it can reset itself. Settings on each VESC: Motor: 80 / -80 Battery: 20 / -5

image image

image image

image image

2 Likes

why’s it show duty cycle at almost 0 on all of them but showing youre at higher erpm?

I guess that’s when the cutout happens so duty cycle is 0?

My findings:

Dual 6.6 is flawless but too big for the board I want it in so it will go in my Hummie build at some point in the near future.

Dual 4.20 is pretty disappointing, 10s5p 30q’s on dual 6355’s with @mmaner settings, on both FOC and BLDC I’m getting cut outs, specifically when braking, even just coming to a complete stop from slow it will get almost there and then cut out at the last second. I’m going to replace it with two focboxes and bench it.

Single 4.12 (not the mini) runs better than the dual, on BLDC with similar settings to a focbox it ran well. I didn’t try FOC, I don’t think it was built for that at all, I bought them for £36 each ffs :smiley:

2 Likes

for weeks or months now been showing the 6.6 as good and solid (group buy is on!) and the 4.2 as problems with cutouts or faults.

but I thought duty cycle and erpm would be hand in hand always based on speed you were going

1 Like

cant comment on 6.6 and 4.20 but my 4.12 works fine up till now.

1 Like

So the 4.20 dual is trash now? Damn… I was expecting too much for this…Been waiting over a month for it to arrive (thanks @Hummie, maybe if you hadn’t made me wait that long, I would have felt better lol)

I would like to get the schematics of the modified vesc versions from flipsky. They have to publish it because of the gpl licence of the vesc. The decision not to publish it is a violation of the licence and an inaceptable denial of respect for Ben, the vesc developer. That s th information I would like.

yeah i will wait for further clearification otherwise i will go back to established brands.