Poll: desired range

Oh god im starting to agree with him on things… :expressionless:

4 Likes

So how do you get to the group ride, then?

You’d need at least 10-15mi more than that, or do you carry a second board with you? I’ve been guilty of that before

2 Likes

There are some people that actually use motorized vehicles like cars and busses as a mean of transportation…

1 Like

just going to open up this can of worms are we?

5 Likes

happy-face-with-zipper-mouth

6 Likes

funny-teddy-wait-what-meme

2 Likes

On the 12s4p 30q battery I was getting 18-20miles range riding hard and 25+ cruising with old enertion mounts and really tight belts, now I have an idler set up and run looser belts and I see 23-25mile range riding hard and 30+ cruising.

That battery will now be going on a DIY evolve Im making with dual 6355 and Focbox. Now on my next battery that’s going on the Evo it’s a 12s8p should easily have 50+ miles range on 107s

2 Likes

This is fact, Ive seen it myself :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would love a lightweight board that has 200km range.

5 Likes

Here in California. We have this thing called a gas guzzler. Where we sit in a slow moving parking lot called a freeway. I live 50 miles away from family and because the grandparents wants to spend time with my daughter, I do this thing called driving every weekend. I tried to convince them to skate but that didn’t go very well. :joy:

There’s no way to get around driving here. Yes, I drive to the group ride location. Most normal people (in CA) do

5 Likes

I like to have at least 30 miles of range. As it stands it means I can charge, and then ride and not worry. Even if I forget to charge, I can change my cutoff voltage and get another 10 miles as a safety net.

So basically I want range because I’m lazy. Ie I don’t want to have to think about charging it, or have to bring my charger anywhere, unless of course it is out of town travel…

3 Likes

Up until now I had not thought of keeping an esk8 in my go bag :slight_smile:

I have a friend who has a 12 mile board. We are always limited by his range. My board is about 26 miles, which is a lot. For me 20 miles is the sweet spot.

1 Like

wow, place is beautiful, where is that?

i’ve got a short (< 10mi), mid (20mi?), and long range (30+) board.

but also have an outboard 12s4p pack in a small pelican case that i can parallel to any of said three boards and instantly get an 550+ additional Wh.

it’s fun to fit a giant pack but it’s also not fun lugging around a 25+lb board.

1 Like

Dropped Pin near Limni Ioanninon Pamvotida, Ioannina

https://goo.gl/maps/afPwtQ6bVAB2

Loannina, Greece, near the Albanian border.

I’ve got 10s5p Samsung 30Q, on dual 6374, running 107s. I’m 95kg and run at pretty much 75% to full throttle all the time, except to slow down for pedestrians etc. I get around 15 miles before cutoff at 25%. No real hills of any type, just gentle gradients at best.

Does this sound about right?

I see others posting 25 to 30mile+ ranges on GTXs for example and think either they’re bullshitting or weigh 50kg dripping wet or something.

If so my next proper build will need to be 12s6p at least because a) I need to go faster, and b) I could easily last longer…

12S5P for 30+ miles at fun speed.

3 Likes

Does your battery charge to :100:%?

Yes. You can learn how to ride in such a way that the battery lasts 3 times as far though. It’s all about riding style

1 Like

Posting a new poll

1 Like