PNL 23° Baseplates group buy only 10 available

Roger that.

I ride at less than 20mph so probably this is not applicable for me but just wanted to correctly understand the use.

Basically we want the rear to steer less given the same lean? Is the same effect achieved by the evo deck?

Yes. This is exactly correct. The EVO does some of the angle change in the front and the rear to keep overall steering about the same. In this case, the rear has little steering so wobbles are much harder to come by, more leaning and less turning.

Edit: If you have a short wheel base board and are going up to 20, then a low angle rear plate would be advisable still because your turning overall remains tight-ish.

2 Likes

Look at slalom boards for a que on where boards will invariably go if people want to scoot in total confidence up to and above 20mph.

Almost no angle on the rear trucks, high az angle on the rear, and stiff decks with a raised rear tail (non kick tail). We have something brewing for this. I want to see a TKP rear truck for Eskate with 2 motor mounts, in front and behind the axle.

Four motors?

1 motor in front 1 in rear

1 Like

Like this? IMG_4860

1 Like

Yes, but narrow TKP trucks.

1 Like

Maybe a 127mm (hanger length not counting axles) surfrodz tkp?

Yes, specially if it is the adjustable one, because those have lots of carve to them and need a lower angle through either risers or the adjustable Baseplate to be a rear truck in an asymm slalom style set up.

Im getting ready to order another set of tkp. Was gonna get 177mm hangars again but im willing to try something different. For what deck?

Could be any of these concaves. Particularly the one with the kick tail in the second to last pic.

2017%20dasher%20multishot dasher%20render Slalom%20capture%20new up%20and%20comers

3 Likes

9b427d4a9f5f89435824fa7ce6350fe45b4ae4bf_1_690x343 This is so sexy

1 Like

It is. And I’m the only person who’s ever owned this board. Besides whoever has it now with my Sk8 Kings Bennet choppers and my Tracker RTS 100mms. GRRRR First slalom trucks ever, and they are gone forever. I’m working with another member right now to rebuild this mold. Oh I have a new concave for it.

3 Likes

it sounds/looks like something you should like :drooling_face: this setup on the deck that @Skunk show just above !!

3 Likes

That’s a great set up for manualling, but the narrower trucks help with grip, and on a slalom board which isn’t being manualled at all and thus could move the width down by moving a motor rearward.

This is what you mean @drangboards? If you reverse one side and skip the crossbar you get this: IMG_20190125_200826

Figured out you can use the SR TKP 149mm with this setup, trucks in the picture are 177mm

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the idea. Is that how wide the axles need to be with this motor offset?

Not sure what you mean, the truck hanger needs to be 149mm. Here it is 177mm, not using any spacers. The distance you see between wheel pulley and mount is what you can “get rid” of

1 Like

Can you flip those motor mounts backwards so that they can be a bit closer, with narrower trucks? The flange would go on the outside, versus on the inside as pictured above.